Anyone else currently doing a 365?

I'd have trouble with a 31 day challenge, much less a 365 day challenge.

I might try a 7 day challenge when the weather breaks, then try longer ones after that.
I've read about the 52 challenge, one shot a week for a year. Seems like a doable step to a 365.

Now a 52 day challenge, that sounds doable. I could probably do it once a week for a year, just not this year. Mostly because while I love photography and I've got lots of photographic opportunities with the puppies, it's hard to balance photography with work, school, relationships, and etc 60-80 hours combined work and school a week doesn't leave a whole lot of time for other projects.

Nice blog Rocketman. Keep it up

I decided to start one recently due to my desire to increase my skill set in photography and post processing as well as my lack of shooting as of late. Though its been a very short time since I began, so far I feel as though I've learned a lot. I am very excited about this project, literally each day when I wake up I begin thinking about today's opportunities. I'm loving it so far, toting my camera with me when I'd normally leave it home, looking for shots everywhere I go, seeing shots in every day life, considering how good they'd be through the camera's eye and then considering the PP angle post-capture.

The link to my 365 is in my signature if you're interested. I'm not specifically trying to be artistic but merely capture my life. I don't consider myself to have a great deal of talent but I have come a long way since buying my first DSLR 16 months ago. I guess you could say I'm trying to be creative yet realistic in representing everyday life when it comes to my blog. No offense to the other 365's I've seen, many have some really amazing shots, however are unrelated to anything in particular, I believe their themes are simply different than mine. My theme is simply "My Life and Life Around Me" so that's what you'll see my shots represent.

I'd love to follow some other 365's so please post your links! :thumbup:

I enjoyed the pictures you have posted so far. Very nice, Sir

Nice blog Rocketman. Keep it up

I enjoyed the pictures you have posted so far. Very nice, Sir
Thanks a million, it really means a lot to me, really does! :thumbup: :D

Today will be my 39th photo, haven't shot it yet but I've really enjoyed the project so far. The project is not easy by any stretch, life gets busy, real busy. While I have my 6D and 24-70 with me much of the time, sometimes I'm too just busy or distracted to stop and notice a shot and I miss out. I've really tried to make a conscious effort to slow my mind down, my pace, my driving and my life overall to notice things and it has helped, I feel like I get more enjoyment out of the little things. Its funny that before this project I literally ran as fast as I could through life, packing in as much as I possibly could, however now as I drive I'll see things like rays of sunshine peeking over a farmhouse sitting in the midst of vast, snowed-over farmland and think, "there's a shot", and commit it to memory for another day. Afterwards I can't help but to think of how serene that shot was and it takes my mind to a relaxing place, before I would likely drive past that scene at 80mph without a second thought...strange how a photography project can have that impact on you.

Then there is the flip-side...even in slowing life down, some days can be a challenge and less enjoyable than others. Despite trying to avoid it sometimes the shot is forced. Sometimes the shot isn't interesting, its hard to remain interesting while keeping with my theme of "My Life and Life Around Me" if nothing new or exciting is happening on a Monday night, lol. Then there's the Michigan winter plaguing me, ugh, haven't been able to do much outside with the blasted cold and record amounts of snow! As I said before, with a wife, daughter, career, daily exercise regimen and church the project can get taxing, but that's the reason I started this...to make myself shoot, helping me learn and grow which I am definitely doing, so I have to remind myself of that sometimes. I've thought about quitting on one or two late (frustrating) nights when I've got several photos to edit, I'm tired and I realize I rushed a shot or two, didn't compose well and have all sorts of PS work to do to bring it to my comfort level (and I'm terrible at PP), I usually just have to put the laptop away and come back to it later. I even typed a "Final Post" once, lol, how heartbreaking that would have been the next day! So far so good, I truly believe I'll finish but not without a few more frustrated times and scores more times I wouldn't trade for the world, that's what will keep me going.

Thanks for looking, following and feel free to share. =D

-Cory

Last edited:
Thanks for posting about this Rocketman. This is actually pushing me to get back up to par on my Web Design so I can setup a spot on my website for a 52 week challenge. Be prepared for lots of pictures of dogs. :lol

Thanks for posting about this Rocketman. This is actually pushing me to get back up to par on my Web Design so I can setup a spot on my website for a 52 week challenge. Be prepared for lots of pictures of dogs. :lol
Ha, bring it! I like 52/365's of all types. Please share your link when you get started.

This post is the first time I'm hearing of a 365, didn't know it was a thing. If I ever did one I would think of it more as a body of work rather than an obligation I had every day. Maybe for 3 or 4 days I'd stick to one subject, or if it's something I'd been practicing on the side maybe 6/7 days for it. It'd be a nice collection to look back on once it was complete.

I was planning doing a 30 day photo thing to go along with the 30 Days of Biking Challenge in April that I signed up for.
Thought the two would work well together. Even though it's just a month.. it will be challenging. It was (just biking) last year.

365 is one heck of a commitment! Even 52 is. Nice challenge there!

I know this is an old thread but I finished my Project 365 last year, it was super tough but I was pretty happy with the results, I put the photos together into a video if anyone is interested:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back