Anyone else having trouble with TPF site

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but is anyone else having problems with this site. Lately there are times when the site is really sluggish to load, other times it becomes unresponsive when trying to post replies or new posts. Closing the page and reopening seems to clear the problem till the next time.

No problems here.
Make sure your computer's Registry is cleaned up, your browsers various caches are emptied, and you don't have any virus or malware clogging up the works.
I would also recommend checking to be sure some other application isn't running in the background eating up CPU time.

Nope works fine at home and on my cell

Not a problem for me. Have you been visiting "those sites" again?

IMG_0456.JPG

Not a problem for me. Have you been visiting "those sites" again?

View attachment 129334

:acne: Nope don't go there. Use a corporate version on security, and just updated. So far no issue on other sites, just TPF. Even then it's very sporadic. I suspect it's either Chrome going flaky again (had to uninstall and reinstall about 2 months ago) or a WAN issue both have been problems in the past.

Not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but is anyone else having problems with this site. Lately there are times when the site is really sluggish to load, other times it becomes unresponsive when trying to post replies or new posts. Closing the page and reopening seems to clear the problem till the next time.

I am getting fairly frequent database access error returns. Usually early morning after their scheduled maintenance breaks. Should have kept a screen shot and reported, but figured the site was aware of the problem and would get to it. Not disastrous, just an occasional annoyance.

YES!!!!!!!! It's been terrible lately, just haven't posted about it. And it's mostly this site. I do have the computer freeze on a few other sites but this site is the worst - it's these video ads that run constantly.

One day it took a few attempts to log in. Then I noticed typing a post that every time the cursro froze, the martial arts ad/video stopped and froze; the video ad would start running and the cursor would move so I could type again. Pretty obvious what's causing it at least in part.

I don't have it on hardly any other sites I use so no, it's not me. or my computer, at least not totally.

Well good, seems I'm not the only one. I've noticed all the same issues as mentioned above. However I've noticed the cursor freeze on another forum site also.

No problem for me. My guess is your traffic is being routed through a bad connection and loosing a lot of packets there. What does the ping reveal about your connection, if you ran one?
I see the server is located in Austin Texas, so maybe if you are east of there you have to route through a bad portal...maybe?

it doesn't allow me to post at all.

I had a similar problem on TPF and some other sites as well on my mac and it would even run very hot, the culprit was adobe flash.I removed flash and problem solved.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back