Anyone from Utah?

I think where you went astray is where you stopped having an open mind and were getting mad at people for the same thing. I'm not from white suburbia, I do drive a Suburban and a van, but I still call that being a hypocrite. ;)

OK....I ADMIT IT....I'M A DOUCHEBAG.

(can you say new title?)

Oh hey...you already did it.

woo ohoooo!

Atleast I'm the president of something right?

There's probably a very good reason why the cops responded the way they did and it's because it was Utah, there's a religion there that runs the state, the law and anything else they feel like, might have something to do with it.
Also I wonder what you'd find if you checked 1,400 people at random anywhere?
Drugs, fake money, false ID's etc? Good reason to shut down the subway?
I remember the 60's and the cops then were out to simply wave their authority about, history repeating itself?

Interesting. The video I watched showed the cops apparently walking up pretty calmly and it appeared the party goers were pretty calm as well. There were a few shots of them talking back and forth until the camera turned around to show the police restraining a few people....unfortunately, there is no telling what happened before those people were restrained. I also noticed that even though some were being restrained, the rest of the people in the background still looked pretty calm and appeared to be moving along without looking too distressed.

Overall, I stand by my previous comments. They decided to shut it down and were there in enough numbers to try to ensure safety. Chances are a few of the cops were heros and had to show off their authority and chances are a few of the party goers were also heros and wanted to try to prove something to the cops. Sounds like a pretty typical party situation to me, I've seen similar things happen in backyard parties just on a smaller scale.

andreag5 said:
i dont really see what the problem is if i even understand what was going on...armed police officers shut down an illegal event, where illegal drugs were being used and sold...i have no problem with this. perhaps i dont understand what happened completely :scratch:

the event was perfectly legal, they had paid thousands of dollars getting the right permits and it was on private property. When asked if they had a permit the oraniser showed the officerpartoltypeman and he then ripped it up and said "no you don't".

Apparently a few girls were molested in the portable toilets while armed officers stood outside keeping guard. "apparently" but then with these things there are bound to be rumors floating around.

I've actually been playing the devils advocate on other forums since I brought this up here.

If anyone has a leg to stand on in terms of legality, i'm sure it will all surface.

I'll wait till then to pass judgement.

Most reactions

Back