anyone have any crits?

can you post up bigger images? I'm one who doesn't like to click on links to open in a new window type of thing.

from the thumbnails provided:

1- seems under exposed

2- I dont like this down up angle and I would expect a bit more red in the actual sign. The stuff on the top right is distracting as well

3- Looks interesting

4- meh, not much going on here of interest. What were you expecting to get from this image?

5- Same as with #2, the stuff on the right side of the frame as distracting. Not too sure I like the shooting angle or the subject matter. Comes off as more of a snapshot than a picture in that you saw something nice, stood there, snapped an image, moved on. Instead of taking the time to explore angles and such to make something interesting out of something not too interesting.

welcome to the forum . big said it like i would have. what equipment are you useing?

thanks for the input
big- as for number 2 i tried to get that in the shot but i guess i was wrong, for number 4 i thought it was interesting enough so i posted it.
storm- 1&2 i took with with a Cannon Rebel xti 3 with a crappy GE A730 and 4 and 5 with a Olympus E-PL1

If you find something interseting and enjoy taking its picture, by all means, have at it! Those were just my opinions on what you posted, but everyone sees beauty in things differently.

For the stop sign, I get what you were going for, but I think you are a bit too far under and one side has bright nothingness and the other has branches and clutter. Keep the same concept but keep your eye open for a stop that has a bit more interesting background, or one that has nothing but blue sky and white clouds. :)

i think i know what your saying now, it does look a bit unbalanced. getting crits other than oh I love that one! from my friends is kinda new to me and i appreciate all of it. :)

Yep, you'll still get WAY too much of that here, but you take what you can get where you can get it.

Keep on shooting! :)

thanks nice website btw how long have you been shooting?

Thanks! I picked up my XSI in summer 2008 and have been seriously shooting (and starting to know what i was doing) in octoberish 2008 when I took an photography 101 course to learn aperture and shutter.

Check out my blog if you want more updated photos

Most reactions

Back