Anyone have any photos I can edit for fun?

6535476987_ba1a3e60a2_z.jpg
i just cannot get over how well you did..............awesome.

Man I love the black and white mountains thats looks awesome. Thanks everyone.

You can edit this one if you're still bored :D I'm curious to see what other people would do to it. This was my photo and edit:

NewWatermark-6.jpg

Here's one:

2011122705 - WB by J E, on Flickr

Link to 6000x4828 pixel image.

The WB is off. There were 3 different light sources here (incandescent, fluorescent, and daylight), and I wasn't able to get it looking good - it's too magenta.

What would be really awesome is if you could fix it in GIMP and tell me how you did it.

If someone wants to edit for fun I just posted a thread "a photo edit challenge" of my cousin with a horse. I doubt it can be saved, it has a very soft focus, so I don't "think" anything can be done, but anyone can have at it and it would be greatly appreciated.

Here's one:

2011122705 - WB by J E, on Flickr

Link to 6000x4828 pixel image.

The WB is off. There were 3 different light sources here (incandescent, fluorescent, and daylight), and I wasn't able to get it looking good - it's too magenta.

What would be really awesome is if you could fix it in GIMP and tell me how you did it.

Tried to correct the white balance, but nothing worked for me. Then I tried B&W, which was ok. Last I just desaturated everything individually until I liked it.

i-fB2FP8x-L.jpg

I do like the desaturated look. I think I'll have to do that. Thanks!

6591351209_264ca01a1d_z.jpg

another option, selective adjustments of different areas

Hard to tell, but I think the skin tones might be a little better. There seems to be a lot of extra yellow though...

I took another stab at it (actually never even considered desaturation):

2011122705 edit by J E, on Flickr

I didn't take it quite as far, but I think it looks fairly natural.

Also kinda just wanted to see it next to these other 3 versions.

Looks good. I'm a fan of desaturation, and I pretty much mess with it in every photo.

A slight vignette would reduce that blown window in the top right.

It's funny - with digital I used to love desaturating them a little. With film (this shot is film), I seem to have forgotten all about it, lol.

Most reactions

Back