Anyone have Canon imagebrowser?

gizmo2071

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ummonshadow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I know anybody that has a Canon dslr as the software, but has anybody got it burnt to their computer?
See I've now been in Toronto for over 3 weeks and all our stuff was shipped out 4 weeks ago. The shipping company estimated 2 weeks shipping time, well it's still not here and infact all my stuff is still at their depo in the UK... Apparently they're still waiting to fill the container, so they have no idea when it will arrive.
Anyway, all my software, my PC and even most of my camera equipment (I have my body and couple lenses with me) is in the shipment and I'm using my wifes mac book at the moment. I'm wanting to take pictures, but I can't get them onto the mac without imagebrowser or a card reader, which is also in the shipping and I don't wish to buy another.

So a call for anybody with imagebrowser (called zoombrowser for PC's) to upload it some where for me to download please, or anyone in Toronto to meet up with a copy :p

I did see an elderly zoombrowser for windows online. You don't need it though. Just get a USB card reader and OSX will take that. Then you make, name and fill the folders manually.

As I said, I already have a card reader, but it's in the shipping and I don't have the funds to buy something unnecessarily.

You say you can't get the images onto your PC anyway so why are you even bothered about zoombrowser?

zoombrowser? I just put in brackets incase people weren't sure that it had a different name on mac and pc.
I just need imagebrowser to transfer from my camera to my wifes mac.

Hmmm.... I don't know much about Mac's but I can download pictures to my PC from just about any camera. No need for special software, just Windows and a USB cable. Believe me, I'm not trying to be a smart a** but are you telling me a Mac can't do that, or am I not understanding something???

I can download the images to the PC and Mac via USB cable from my little digi camera, but not from my DSLR. I use a card reader for my PC usually. I don't know why the dslr doesn't just connect, it as the pictbridge and pc connection options.

I think that maybe freeware? that could be download from the canon support site, i may have one, would need fine it

Unfortunately you can only download updates from the canon site. Apparently you have to contact the canon support to send you a replacement disk if you've lost yours.

Ok, my lack of mac knowledge shines through. I didn't think to try using iPhoto to import, but it works. So you may see some photos from me in the near future.

How about iPhoto? If not iPhoto then how about Google Picassa?

I use a Macbook. What camera are you having difficulty connecting?

I figured it out thank you. I don't usually use a Mac and didn't know you could import from cameras in iPhoto. I also downloaded gimp for the processing.

Lol. I just connected my XT directly to my mac and image browser refused to co-operate. Thank goodness for my CF reader that I always carry with my laptop!

Most reactions

Back