mox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mox.ca
How can they get a result like that ?

09.jpg

11.jpg

You have to pan the camera at the speed the car is moving. The background is blurred but your lens follows the movement of the car and keeps it sharp (relatively). It's not super easy to do, but with practice you can get quite good at it. I suspect these were made by a camera hooked onto another vehicle which was following the subject.

hi mox!

i believe what they did here was ride alongside the moving car with a camera taking slightly longer expsures...the lens is following the car, hence the blurred background.

md

I'd be tempted to agree with MDowdey. I know this is how lots of car magazines do it. They hang out of the side of the car to get the angles. TV programs do the same thing.

Having the camera in a second vehicle would be my guess too. But then, what about the strange streak of blurring in the second shot? Look at the blur of the trees above the roof. It follows the contour of the roofline. Strange.

Having the camera in a second vehicle would be my guess too. But then, what about the strange streak of blurring in the second shot? Look at the blur of the trees above the roof. It follows the contour of the roofline. Strange.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back