Anyone heard of plans for Canon EOS 5D replacement?

My friend has the 5D and has had a massive amount of problems with his white balance. Ive seen it in the works no matter what settings he has its screwed up and he had it serviced and it still has the problem...
While some cameras do read and set WB more accurately than others...the problem goes away if you shoot RAW.

My friend has the 5D and has had a massive amount of problems with his white balance. Ive seen it in the works no matter what settings he has its screwed up and he had it serviced and it still has the problem...

using auto-WB? I do not know anyone who actually does that. So none of my friends ever had WB-problems with their 5D.

i saw some image samples of what was called a "7D" floating around about 3 months ago. sorry, i don't have a link. i don't even remember what the samples were like. but it had -some- validity. they were posted with 40D samples.

those images are always forged and just made to attract hits to certain webpages ;) Been there, done that ... with the 40 D with the 30 D with and the 1Ds and everything. some good photoshopping though ;)

Canon and Nikon both have more or less no information leaks. If information is released, that is always on purpose and well timed. Anyone who does let information out without being authorised to do so, will be quickly sacked and sued to hell ;)

I'm there with you Marcus! I think I'm going to hold out though; because my luck too, just as I would purchase the 5D, it's replacement would come out! :lmao:

I'm there with you Marcus! I think I'm going to hold out though; because my luck too, just as I would purchase the 5D, it's replacement would come out! :lmao:

But you are aware that you can get a new 5D now for about 1500 USD less than the price of the future replacement?

So you have to decide between spending 1500 more and waiting for another 6 to 9 months, or save 1500 (e.g. to spend it on a lens which matches the camera) and get it now :)

I would know my decision ;)

Where would you purchase it for $1,500? Every reputable place that I've checked has it for $2,100! I think my next purchase is studio - and maybe in the fall either the 5D or it's replacement! :)

Where would you purchase it for $1,500? Every reputable place that I've checked has it for $2,100! I think my next purchase is studio - and maybe in the fall either the 5D or it's replacement! :)

I said 1500 less than what an estimated price for the 5D replacement would be ;)

Oh :er: - I'm a ditz! LOL

using auto-WB? I do not know anyone who actually does that. So none of my friends ever had WB-problems with their 5D.

those images are always forged and just made to attract hits to certain webpages ;) Been there, done that ... with the 40 D with the 30 D with and the 1Ds and everything. some good photoshopping though ;)

Canon and Nikon both have more or less no information leaks. If information is released, that is always on purpose and well timed. Anyone who does let information out without being authorised to do so, will be quickly sacked and sued to hell ;)

Its all of the WB settings. When did I ever say it was auto...?

Its all of the WB settings. When did I ever say it was auto...?

This was why i put a question mark there! ;)

Because cameras on auto sometimes tend to behave not ideally.

If it was not auto, then something was strange with that particular camera. Just I know severay people with 5Ds and while there might have been problems, there never were any regarding the preset WBs.

The 5D is a bit of problem for Canon because the better they make it the more it cuts into the 1DsMIII’s market share. The 1DsMIII and old MII are better the 5D but not $4000 better IMO. I was hoping to buy the new 5D before going to Germany this year but I will have to wait longer.

I bought the 5D in December, and there was talks of the successor being introduced in January's photo show...didn't happen. I think if you play the waiting game with technology, you'll always be waiting. Things mature too fast anymore to play the waiting game. So you don't have the newest thing, because once you buy the newest thing, something else it's on it's way in a matter of months. I'd personally get the 5D now...it's a great camera and the successor is going to be EXPENSIVE!

Thanks for all the great responses everyone...good things to think about. Basically, the way I see my options are:

"Wait" for the 5D replacement to come out to decide if the added features are worth paying the extra money for the replacement, or buy the 5D at a lower price. (Wait is in quotations because I'm mostly "waiting" for my bank account to grow than waiting for the replacement - Truth be told, if I had $5K right now I probably would have already bought the 5D)

Yes, technology is moving so fast that no matter what, as soon as you buy the item you want, something bigger and better is always soon to follow.

I am debating between the 1D Mark III or 5D. My biggest snag with the 5d is the 3fps. Hoping the update will boost it up to at least the 40D's 6.5fps. I can wait since I have the 40D now, but would like a FF camera by years end. Would love the Mark III, but is it $2K better than a 5D?

just making sure we're on the same page. it was only img samples i saw, with "7d" exif, no body shots. (and yeah, there ARE forged examples - remember that D3 that looked like a 645? - but it's still a loose possibility)
i'm under the impression it's going to be a 5dmkII, rather than 7d, but wanted to stir the pot with my rumour. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back