Anyone heard of RAW natural born artists?

Same as the Poetry Book scam and the short story book scam. You pay to participate or be in the book or whatever. Nobody reads it but you can say you've been "Published"
You'd do better to use the money to self publish a small book of photos and go sneak them onto the shelves at the library and bookstores and offer them for sale on a website.

RAW:natural born artists

I heard [a totally made-up lie] that e.rose has been going here...you know, for the lolz... ;-)

It's true.

I dig dudes in unicorn masks.

Buy you a drink?

$13906883370_8701ea0e9c_h.jpg

I don't really understand the point of these shows. It sounds like, if you're lucky, you'll break even, but otherwise you'll end up spending money in the end.

I hope she blogs about it.

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I wanted to make a point from someone who actually knows.

You guys have it wrong, RAW is actually a great way to get exposure. I was approached a while back and was a little skeptical at first, however, I found it pretty easy to sell the 20 tickets to get in. Oh, and the 20 tickets is a one time only requirement. Once you've sold them and have showcased in your native state, you do NOT have to sell any more and can showcase anywhere you want.

Basically, those tickets are the company's way of paying venue fees and what I would consider a one time "membership fee," or just their way of making sure you will draw an audience and not just waste their space.

The native state req is a pain in the a--, I live in Washington, 5 minutes north of Portland, Oregon. Yet, because of that state line, I had to show in Seattle - 3+ hours north and completely out of my market. Since then, I've been able to show in Portland without a problem.

And without being required to sell anymore tickets.

While at the shows you have free roam to do anything you want, sell your work, set meetings with potential clients, do shots at the show (and charge for them) or sit on a-- and BS with the people walking around.

It takes a bit of effort, and packing in, setting up, and packing out your junk isn't always the easiest- but it's fun.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back