Anyone here have another HOBBY?

cal_gundert05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In response to the thread that asked if the people here had careers besides photography, does anyone here have a hobby besides photography?

If so, which do you pursue more passion, or are they equal?

Me? Well, I don't like having multiple hobbies because (with school and work), it spreads me too thin. That'w why I'm trying to sell my rock climbing stuff after a brief dapple in that. But I do frequent libraries and used bookstores to buy cheap ($0-$1) literature (you'd be surprised what you can get just because something is old and slightly worn).

I love environmental science! It's a rather broad topic, so let me hit each thing I do briefly. :p

-Water Testing: Test the water to make sure it's safe for swimming, lately it hasn't so we close the beaches! :p

-Bird Banding Demonstration: Teach the public about birds by allowing them to watch us work on the "Monitoring Avian Populations Study" (MAPS) Thats my favorite. Basically we catch birds with expensive nets that won't hurt them! It's incredible to hold a bird.

-Owling: Bird Banding minus tourists and birds plus owls. And nighttime.

Other stuff that I won't bore you with, those are my favorite things to do next to photography! And here is where I do it!

www.wellsreserve.org

:D

Well, I have other hobbies but they don't compare to photography. Anyways, here is what they are:

1. I bought 3 guitars trying to self teach myself how to play......um, never happened but I still like to "play" with them.

2. Self teaching myself how to sew.

Do you see a theme here? I don't have any professional training, everything I try is always done by self teaching. Hehehe...maybe thats why I'm not good!!!! :)

Biking - I ride around when I can and commute five days a week.

Computers - Overclocking and all that

Audio/Video - Audiophile gear and home theater

Nightlife/Style - One of the big reasons I got into photography actually, I manage this site with my fiance: www.Grooveeffect.com

The Internet - I love it and my day job is in online advertsing and marketing.

--Illah

Telescope making, gardening [flower, vegetable and water], cooking, wine, stamp collecting, recreational mathematics, writing, wood-working, boat designing and building, dialing [sundials], computer programming, etc.

I write totally as a hobbie.... Not well I'm sure but it's something to fill the hours, which is all photography is these days..I'm sure that is obvious by this time.

I do a lot of things, but for pleasure it's those two. Trying to keep our minds functioning is a full time job for us old guys.

I collect antique pneumatic guns from the 1500's to the early 1900's.

Astronomy but not as actively.

Cooking and scrapbooking. I do a lot of cooking, but very little scrapbooking these days - photography takes up all my time (along with work and school)! About to start on the wedding album though....

Target shooting, hunting, fishing, cars, cartography, woodworking, learning how to play some kind of instrument, web surfing, debating politics, blah,blah,blah.

Most reactions

Back