Anyone here have another HOBBY?

cal_gundert05 said:
Do you ever combine your 2 hobbies...constructing something that you can use for photography (like a case for when you take your camera on trips)?

No - The steel I get my hands on is almost all heavy industrial stuff - a camera case would weigh half a tone! Well, almost...

This is kind of clichea,I love listening and espeacially playing music,I can play the guitar,the boron and I try to create digital music but I really love to play the guitar.The feeling I get while playing the guitar I cant explain(emo...I know):lol: But for me music and photography go hand in hand so I cant choose between them,There both equal in my eyes.

cal_gundert05 said:
No offense, but some of the responses haven't been very interesting.

... I read ... too.:D

That's COLD...

Me? I'm into brain surgery, rocket science and fixing horse races.

I play soccer all year round (however I am taking the winter season off to nurse a knee injury)

High end audio/home theater

wood working and home improvement

working out/jogging - just keeping myself in shape.

cars

I think that's everything

I geocache when I have the time - website here. That's kind of like a treasure hunt using GPS to find the hidden locations. Some are straightforward and others not, involving puzzles and problems, but all get you out and about. I started to give me something to do when walking the dogs on my own, and to take me walking in new locations. I do however always take a camera with me!

David

I spread myself really thin...

Being an Admin at www.Northeastfoto.com , Global Mod at www.Northeastmoto.com , and Mod at www.arcticchat.com .

Search and Rescue (Volunteer..not really a hobby)

Motorcycle Touring

Snowmobiling

Precision Rifle and Pistol Shooting

Computers (Gaming)

Railroading (not model... working on my brakeman status at BSRM while being their staff photog)

probably a couple other things that I am forgetting...

I play videogames, write and perform spoken word poetry, I can make simple jewelry (see: macrame), I've done tons of theatre (this includes dancing), I snowboard, skateboard, i sang in a choir for a long time, I doodle occasionally, i've written very very basic games in Python, i can play piano, drums (set and hand), i've made short films, started learning to bake, and right now i'm in a karate club.

ADD for the WIN!

did i miss anything? Oh yeah, I'm awesome. That should count as a hobbie.

Well i'm a bit of a thrillseeker i'm told....I kitesurf, windsurf, downhill ski, kiteski, Mtn bike, road bike and backpack. I did a couple 24hr mtn bike races this year and next year I have 3 triathalons planned with my wife. I am also a car stereo nut and have my cars so full of audio and computer stuff that the gear is probably worth more then the cars. You would never know from my day job as a investment analyst which is pretty boring compared to the rest of my life.

Well... Let's see...

As a career, I am a professional musician, playing for a Major Symphony Orchestra. My main hobby is Camera Collecting (see the link below my banner) but I dabble in:

-riding my Harley (new hobby);
-go 4x4 exploring;
-home improvement (laying floors, painting);
-some cooking;
-chess;
-hiking the South Mountain (Phoenix, AZ) in the middle of the day at 115 degrees;
-collecting autographs...

...and used to do:

-rock climbing;
-painting.

i poop

and :

im a DJ (house, drum and bass, hip hop, trance)
flair bartender
i build, fix, and modify mopeds
im a resident dancer at casa nightclub
i dabble in graphic design (mostly flyers and such)
and im an avid collecter of womens phone numbers.
lol

I fly R/C Planes and Helicopter but include flying with my new found love of photography

DSCN9429.jpg

DSCN9902.jpg

Aerial Photography!!

~Michael~

Winters coming!

I downhill ski when I'm not studying this time of the year. I absolutely loooove playing the saxophone. Backpacking. Reading....

Yeah. I've been so busy lately, that most of this stuff has been thrown aside...

Other than photography, the two other things I enjoy doing the most is playing Roller Derby (www.rockymountainrollergirls.com I'm Winona Fighter) and reading. I read mostly fiction, but definitely enjoy some crime stuff and some pop culture/sociology type of stuff as well. Roller Derby is definitely a 2nd job for me and I don't get paid for it. Good thing I love it so much.

I have been selling knives for quite some time now and I am beginning to get in to collecting them. There are hand made knives out there that are true works of art. I have a friend who has established himself over the past 25 years in knife making...he lives in Oregon and his name is Bob Lum. You should check out his web-site at

http://www.boblumknives.com/welcome.html

Most reactions

New Topics

Back