anyone here on Gimp

rlcphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im trying to use text on my photos but there is no help area that I can see....:confused:

what part of the adding text process, is giving you difficulty?

HELP is under 'help' in the main panel.
or press F1. scrolldown the help page to the 'text' info link.

Using the Text tool seems pretty simple- select it, point it where you want it and enter the text. Are you using the Windows or Mac version?

Or the Linux version?

To get the Text dialog to show (you might have closed inadvertently), just double click the "A" icon. Then select your font style, your size (in pixels, points, inches, mm, yards, etc..). Next choose your color, justification and letter spacing.

Once that's done, bring the cursor over to your canvas, click and then start typing. When you're done, close the text input window. You should have a new layer (marked as text) which you can resize, recolor, change font style or apply effects to.

-William

or 'T' icon (portable gimp 2.2.10 mac OS 10.3.9)

i'm trying to imagine what would be an issue (?)
not flattening the layer maybe and being unable to
work over that layer. who knows!

Using the Text tool seems pretty simple- select it, point it where you want it and enter the text. Are you using the Windows or Mac version?

I am using the windows version....think I have it now thanx guys

I can get text on my photo but it's microscopic and the wrong color. How do I fix this?

On your main GIMP menu window (the box that pops up when you open gimp), there should be a portion in the bottom half that has a box with an "A" in it, that is your font type, next to it is the size (a number) with arrows on the side of it pointing up and down.

On your main GIMP menu window (the box that pops up when you open gimp), there should be a portion in the bottom half that has a box with an "A" in it, that is your font type, next to it is the size (a number) with arrows on the side of it pointing up and down.

I figured it out, but thanks anyway. Now if I could just take a picture I'm not embarrased to put my name on, I might have a good use for the text tool.

Most reactions

Back