Anyone Interested in Starting a Photography Group[online]

ownageplocks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey, anyone thats interested, reply here, with your email address, and AIM, or MSN(if you have). We will start the website on Myspace, then once we get a few "fans". We may register a domain.

well this forum is a 'group' makes no sense to me to have to go to two places to see my favourite TPF people. Sorry not interested

well this forum is a 'group' makes no sense to me to have to go to two places to see my favourite TPF people. Sorry not interested

look im only 15, and im trying to get a website together, where we can all put up our photos, to get the most views and publicity for them.

i dont mind, my aim is blakklabelx and you can add me, if you want my msn ill tell you over that

look im only 15, and im trying to get a website together, where we can all put up our photos, to get the most views and publicity for them.
Like a forum? Interesting idea. You could call it "The Photography Forum" or something.

Forgive me but with 5 posts it's fishy to want a bunch of people to come over to your website and post their pictures. You may very well be a 15 year old who thinks myspace is just awesome, and you may have some cool ideas on how to use it. I just don't see why TPF isn't good enough or you can't get your friends to do this rather than strangers in a forum you are very new to.

Flickr has photo groups as does Yahoo.

Im a member of a few on flikr- I like the product specific ones and the photoshop elements one is really good, and helpful.

Myspace and facebook have groups-facebook though becareful, as anything you post becomes instantly usable by facebook how ever they want to, not sure how the myspace groups work.

ownageplocks did you know you can add pictures here to your own album-you do have to be a subscriber, but it may be something you would like to do in the future.

Oh and I know your young, but did you know (sorry if you know this already) to have your own website you need to buy a domain name (web address) which is a yearly fee aprox $9.00 then to actually run a website with enough space for multiple users you would have to pay a monthly fee of rather alot (lowest rates normally about $5.99 a month for minimum space.)

If your interested in getting views on your photos then Flikr is probably your best bet, but remember to keep your pictures watermarked, dont allow people to download them, Flikr is a great community but I dont find any of the coments on pictures of any help-they only point out the good stuff, cute, pretty etc, there is no real constructive critasism which is what I need!

Oh, boy. How witty.
Seriously, there's no need to be a jerk, really.

Wow, Talk about ZERO sense of humor... Actually, I thought it was quite funny...

I'm going to go and start a group on myspace for searching things on the web. I'm going to call it moogle... Anyone who wants to join, just give me your credit card number, expo date, and full name...

Wow, Talk about ZERO sense of humor... Actually, I thought it was quite funny...

I'm going to go and start a group on myspace for searching things on the web. I'm going to call it moogle... Anyone who wants to join, just give me your credit card number, expo date, and full name...

Oh, believe me, I HAVE a sense of humor. Most definitely. And sure, it was funny, I suppose, at the OP expense. It was meant to be insulting, especially since the OP had already given a background of his/her age and their purpose.

So, since it was a needless insult, it kind of stripped all the "funny" out of it to me.
Sorry if I don't find needlessly insulting people who come here with a question and/or suggestion, funny.

first of all, you said myspace. No self-respecting photographer would advertise his stuff on myspace.

second of all, if you want your photos to be publicized, flickr, or deviantart is by far a better solution because people look for art over there anyway so your BOUND to get seen even if you dont publicize.

your idea is immature (in that you haven't thought it through enough)

Groups are fine, and a natural component of society. But groups function best when they are clearly defined around a particular issue, especially if that issue is not addressed elsewhere in society.

A photographer group is probably too broadly defined, try something more specific, like a particular town or a team or a band or a style... You get the gist.

Also, unless part of the goal is to ramp up your coding skills, consider using some of the popular, effective, and well-featured online destinations such as Flickr to host your group. Lots of functionality, plenty of traffic, and the possibility of finding more members for your growing community.

Oh, and I thought frXnz kafka's comment was really funny.

Oh, believe me, I HAVE a sense of humor. Most definitely. And sure, it was funny, I suppose, at the OP expense. It was meant to be insulting, especially since the OP had already given a background of his/her age and their purpose.
It wasn't meant to be insulting. I was simply trying to point out how asinine his idea is. A general photography website (admit it, it's going to be a forum) is destined to fail, because there are so many already out there with large member counts.

You assuming that I'm insulting this kid because of his age says a lot more about you than it does me. Hell, I'm only 20.

Most reactions

Back