voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I tried bonsai when i was a kid and was never successful. But my thumb is far greener now and I plan on getting Noah a bonsai for his first birthday next month. I'll also be doing some for myself. The Phoenix Bonsai society starts up meetings again in september and I'm planning on joining as it would be an invaluable resource. Just checkin to see if there are any bonsai enthusiasts here..

ive always loved the look and the art, but never have done it myself.

LittleMan said:
I'm not sure... but I think Ferny was... Or I might just be imagining things. ;)

If you are then I'm imagining the same thing! I'm pretty sure Ferny was/is into bonsai.

Have fun, Chad. It sounds like a very interesting thing to do.

thebeginning said:
i've never heard of it. what exactly is it?
Bonsai Trees.
Small trees that they keep small either by trimming the branches or wrapping them.
It's mainly a Japanese thing... but it seems to have caught on in the US and Europe.

I was thinking of starting some a while back but never really did... I wonder if you can do an Oak Bonsai tree?

:eek:ff topic:

Little Noah is going to be 1 year old! :sniffle: Our first TPF baby is growing up! :heart:

We need some pics, Chad..... :lovey:

thebeginning said:
i just did after i asked.

i wonder how hard it is, i'd love to do it. it looks soooo cool.
there is a LOT to it... it's not just stick a branch in the ground and wait...
If you really want something out of it you're going to have to do a lot of studying.

I wonder if you can do an Oak Bonsai tree?
You can turn almost any tree into a bonsai. Oak bonsais are neat!

The main issue with Bonsai is people want to keep them in their house. Tree's need light and lot's of it. There are a few indoor trees that do alright indoors, but they thrive outdoors. You generally get trees that do will in your climate. There are some tree's I really want to bonsai (like a Redwood) but that isn't looking too promising due to my location in the desert. I'm gonna start out with a few trees that do well here. Chinese Elm, African Sumac and I really want to bonsai a mesquite tree. After I get those started, I'm going to dig up my sisters Bougainvillea and turn that into a bougainvillea bonsai. After that I'll dive into some tougher trees.

as requested here's the latest picture of Noah

Well there are only two trees that really grow here in Texas... Live oak and Cedar... Cedars are our enemy so that probably wouldn't be a good one to do. :wink:
If I do decide to do one I will do live oak. :)

Most reactions

Back