Anyone is watching the Oscars, today?

I watch it sometimes but not usually for the whole 3.5 hours. I like Hollywood and their ability to give me a 'getaway' when I need one.

I am looking forward to Ron Howard's 'The Heart of the Sea' due out next month. I read the book a few years ago.

I am not into political statements during awards just like if I go to a concert to hear a singer, I do not want to hear his/ her political view.

I enjoy a good movie now and then--but I have always been completely apathetic about award shows.
I was busy last night, watching the back of my eyelids after a week of having to work almost non-stop. But I wouldn't have watched anyway--not the Oscars, or the Emmys or the Tonys or any of the rest of it. I just could not possibly care one little bit less.

Besides--I didn't actually go see a single movie in a movie theater last year, and anymore, I don't know 90% of the actors or actresses names. I might be able to look at one and tell you they look "familiar" but that's about it.

I'd like to see an award show for best books of the year--best plot, Author of the Year, best of each genre…well, no, never mind, I wouldn't watch that drivel either. :D

I am not into political statements during awards just like if I go to a concert to hear a singer, I do not want to hear his/ her political view.
why do you hate women so much?

why do you hate women so much?

;)
We all know that women are the ones with something interesting to say. Just don't want it at awards.

I'm watching the countdown to Oscars, right now.
I didn't watch the show, but did see "Birdman" a few days ago. I thought it was the worst movie I had ever seen. And I've seen Ishtar.
Anyone else who finds it all too believable and undeserved of winning "Best Picture"? Also, I found the "Best Foreign Film," "Ida,"
almost impossible to get through, partly because of the subject matter and partly because of the water-torture editing.

2014 was quite possibly the worst year for movies.

The only thing from 2014 I enjoyed was Guardians.

2014 was quite possibly the worst year for movies.

The only thing from 2014 I enjoyed was Guardians.

Coincidentally that was the only movie I saw in the theater. The rest aren't worth the money and hassle of getting a sitter.

But I am excited for Mad Max and Avengers 2.

mad max looks so ridiculously stupid, same with avengers or any other superhero movie that doesn't star Christian Bale...

I'd rather watch this:

that fact that i got my wife to watch and enjoy a movie with a genetically modified raccoon says a lot...

that fact that i got my wife to watch and enjoy a movie with a genetically modified raccoon says a lot...

Clarify this for me.

Was the genetically modified raccoon a character in the movie, or was it sitting on the sofa with you and your wife?

replace with with: staring/containing/featuring

mad max looks so ridiculously stupid, same with avengers or any other superhero movie that doesn't star Christian Bale...

I'd rather watch this:

Tom Hardy > Christian Bale

Perhaps you're not aware that most movies are a political statement from beginning to end.

Besides--I didn't actually go see a single movie in a movie theater last year, and anymore, I don't know 90% of the actors or actresses names.
It has been several decades since I've paid to go to a movie. I simply cannot stand the B.S.

Full of political messages.

Full of logical errors.

Full of themselves.

Most reactions

Back