Anyone know what the 5D mkii batteries and battery grip will cost?

William Petruzzo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.petruzzo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been looking all over the net and cant find a price listing for the new BG-E6 battery grip, or the LP-E6 battery. Anyone happen to know?

The LP-E6 looks to be around ₤60, whatever that is in dollars (it's way more than I would pay for a battery...). That's the only price I could find. Couldn't find anything for the battery grip.

Last edited:
I've been looking all over the net and cant find a price listing for the new BG-E6 battery grip, or the LP-E6 battery. Anyone happen to know?

I did a google on BG-E6 battery grip and LP-E6... I found hundreds of answers within about 12 seconds (less time than it took for you to type your message! LOL!)

Ballpark... the BG-E6 battery grip is about $400US and the LP-E6 battery is about $210US each. BTW the charger is in the $250 ballpark as well.

I'll leave you with the homework of finding the best price in relation to your location to you. :)

(man, I am a little surprised... are Canon accessories all so overpriced comparatively to Nikon accessories?)

(man, I am a little surprised... are Canon accessories all so overpriced comparatively to Nikon accessories?)

The batteries for my 350D are about $50, and I thought that was pretty high for a battery. No way I would pay $200 for one.

Yikes, $200 for a battery?! Does anyone know how long it takes until decent third party batteries hit the market?

Yikes, $200 for a battery?! Does anyone know how long it takes until decent third party batteries hit the market?
Well it is a bit more than a battery, a battery grip, with portrait controls et all..

3rd party batteries: canon & nikon.

-S

Well it is a bit more than a battery, a battery grip, with portrait controls et all..

-S

Ballpark... the BG-E6 battery grip is about $400US and the LP-E6 battery is about $210US each. BTW the charger is in the $250 ballpark as well.

I think you're referring to the battery grip which I believe is sold separately from the battery and not covered in the $210 Jerry quoted (though my searches yielded prices in the $100 range for the battery).

I didn't see the LP-E6 battery listed on the site you linked to but maybe I just missed it. It's also not yet available on sterlingtek.com which is the other place I checked...

-S
No, that's just the battery. The battery grip was $400 according to Jerry's google-fu.

That's gotta be the MSRP though (hard to believe even that would be so high), I would expect actual retail prices to be a lot lower than that.

YIKES! That is spendy, and not only because of the chip, but a stronger duty cycle... I do wonder what the battery brains cost, and therefore the features that it enables, not to mention what the barrier to entry for 3rd party battery manufactures will look like.

Just saw the wireless file transmitter runs $1,400ish..

I sit corrected. -Shea :p

I swear all of those websites were published within the last eight hours! I know it sounds ridiculous, but I really did search google and came up with almost nothing. Although, admittedly, I was only searching for the model numbers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back