Anyone members of Big Brothers & Sisters or similar programs?

ashfordphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm thinking about becoming a Big Brother here in Colorado Springs, but I'd like to hear experiences that people have had. I'd also like to hear of any other similar programs that you may be a part of.

My brother is part of a program called Acorns to Oaks, a very similar program. I'd say it's been a good experience for both of them, the kids are very grateful which is very rewarding.

thanks EB. Do you know what kind of commitment and flexibility your brother has with the program?

His program is once a week for 2 hours. They usually just play on the playground, play board games, or if it's a holiday make a card for his mom or something. My brother is in high school so he walks over after school. If he cant make it one week, it's no big deal, he just lets the coordinator know and they don't meet that week. I think you'll find most of these programs are very flexible. Any help you give is appreciated! :D It's cool that you're doing this.

I'm excited to be doing it. My wife and I sponsor a child in ethiopia who is 8 - and when he sends us letters it makes us want to go pick him up and take him to a ballgame or something haha. So, I figure I can help someone here in my local community.

I'm excited about it, but I'm not sure how committed I'll be able to be - I guess just contacting the program will be the best idea.

Thanks for your help!

Most reactions

Back