Anyone pick up a D7500 yet?

I can't see Sony selling the revolutionary A9 sensor to their main competitors. When I was at the presentation the rep said that the Sony shoots more frames per second using a metabones adapter and pro Canon glass, than any canon full frame on the market at the moment (was close to 10fps iirc). Covering 93% of the viewfinder with focus points. Of course that could have just been sales talk, but it was an impressive piece of hardware, and the video stabilisation was very good indeed, in crappy lighting conditions.

Sony main advantage is that they don't have anything to protect, nothing to loose.
Nikon and Canon have invested in technology of DSLR and they can loose a huge amount if they make mirrorless that people will not be happy with, Sony here has a big advantage, they can make innovative stuff and if they fail no big deal, they improve it, people expect a rising company to make some lemons but Nikon and Canon don't enjoy this , their clients expect each and every camera to be amazing.
Once Sony will be well established like Canon and Nikon today they will have lots to loose thus they will be less innovative and more protective of their market share.
Rome was at its best when it was aggressive and hungry, it kept expanding and concurring, once they reaches their peak and just defended what they had they started to decline.

Well I found out today I have some rewards points sitting at B&H I forgot about that are still valid until October so it looks like I am getting the body only for the same price of a new D7200.Good thing I didn't rush off and buy it locally, I would have paid $300 + more with tax. Should have it after the 4th.

Well I found out today I have some rewards points sitting at B&H I forgot about that are still valid until October so it looks like I am getting the body only for the same price of a new D7200.Good thing I didn't rush off and buy it locally, I would have paid $300 + more with tax. Should have it after the 4th.

Don't you love it when you, moreless, find free money just laying around? hehe.

Yes its great though I spent previously from other items it built up.some of there stuff has rewards money back between 40 - 60 days if you don't return the item.Good thing I called because there suppose to email me with the rewards card after that time with a code and they may have and I deleted it by mistake but not so sure I ever got it.

Sony main advantage is that they don't have anything to protect, nothing to loose.
Nikon and Canon have invested in technology of DSLR and they can loose a huge amount if they make mirrorless that people will not be happy with, Sony here has a big advantage, they can make innovative stuff and if they fail no big deal, they improve it, people expect a rising company to make some lemons but Nikon and Canon don't enjoy this , their clients expect each and every camera to be amazing.
Once Sony will be well established like Canon and Nikon today they will have lots to loose thus they will be less innovative and more protective of their market share.
Rome was at its best when it was aggressive and hungry, it kept expanding and concurring, once they reaches their peak and just defended what they had they started to decline.
I agree.
I'm not just screaming gloom and doom based on what the media says. I am telling you from working in the industry that Nikon is struggling and the D7500 sales are extremely underwhelming. I have observed Olympus doing extremely well with their mirrorless system. Sure it isn't suitable for pros but pros make a very very small part of the market. People are using their cellphones and iPads instead of compact cameras. Enthusiasts are balking (rightfully) at heavy DSLR systems and going for Mirrorless solutions. Millennials.. yet them...they're using GoPros and those goddamned vintage film cameras.

I agree.
I'm not just screaming gloom and doom based on what the media says. I am telling you from working in the industry that Nikon is struggling and the D7500 sales are extremely underwhelming. I have observed Olympus doing extremely well with their mirrorless system. Sure it isn't suitable for pros but pros make a very very small part of the market. People are using their cellphones and iPads instead of compact cameras. Enthusiasts are balking (rightfully) at heavy DSLR systems and going for Mirrorless solutions. Millennials.. yet them...they're using GoPros and those goddamned vintage film cameras.
Oh no. now @limr gonna say something ... 'ya hadda say something like that with film .. LOL

I agree.
Oh no. now @limr gonna say something ... 'ya hadda say something like that with film .. LOL
Leonores is a fine arts photographer. She loves the process.
I just want to get the maximum image quality for minimum effort and minimum time.

I'm toying with the idea of picking one up to backup my D500.. My D500 has been giving me some major AF issues lately. I have a D750 but have been underwhelmed with it because of what I shoot and I never seem to be close enough... I was kind of waiting to see PDR from photons to photos but Bill hasn't posted any data yet. Does anyone know if Nikon tweaked the sensor at all? Not having the ability to add a battery grip is kind of a major bummer for me, but maybe a third party one will come out. The body is pretty small too which is another bummer but at least the ISO button is in the right place..
After what you went through with the Canon 7D mark 2. It's just a black cloud that your D500 is giving you any problems at all! Didn't you get the extra warranty when you purchased it? Let Nikon have a look at it? your friend Bill C.

I'm toying with the idea of picking one up to backup my D500.. My D500 has been giving me some major AF issues lately. I have a D750 but have been underwhelmed with it because of what I shoot and I never seem to be close enough... I was kind of waiting to see PDR from photons to photos but Bill hasn't posted any data yet. Does anyone know if Nikon tweaked the sensor at all? Not having the ability to add a battery grip is kind of a major bummer for me, but maybe a third party one will come out. The body is pretty small too which is another bummer but at least the ISO button is in the right place..
After what you went through with the Canon 7D mark 2. It's just a black cloud that your D500 is giving you any problems at all! Didn't you get the extra warranty when you purchased it? Let Nikon have a look at it? your friend Bill C.
I think I'm just too rough on my gear. No babying here whatsoever.. I'm starting to suspect it's my 500 F4.. But I'm chasing my tail around in circles...

I think I'm just too rough on my gear. No babying here whatsoever.. I'm starting to suspect it's my 500 F4.. But I'm chasing my tail around in circles...

You don't wrap yours in bubble wrap?!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back