Anyone still use those old Nikon Film Cameras from the 80's

I have a N4004 and N6006 but I don't use them anymore.

Last week I finished a roll that was sitting in the old Fm for 2 years. What fun. I still have some film around so I dusted off the N80 replaced the dead batteries and going to give it a go after sitting dormant for more than 2 years.

OLD Nikon from the '80's? My NEW Nikon film camera is from the '80's (8008). I still use it occasionally, but most often use a '67 Nikon FTn (first owner).

The only time I use a digital camera is when I am scouting out locations to take pictures with my old Nikons. My No. 1 camera is an F3HP, (have 4 of them), followed by the F2A and Photomics, (I know, they are from the '70's). But all in all, when Nikon stopped putting dials on their cameras, I more or less stopped buying them. The newest Nikon I own is an F4, and quite truthfully, I don't care for it that much. I would trade it for an FM or an FE anyday.

After two DSLR Nikons and owning some fantastic digital lenses...
Had I picked up an SLR film camera and loved the mechanical click of the shutter, advancing the film
after each shot, adjusting the focus by hand,
and being in aw that the camera would still function without a battery short a light meter. Is it OK to tell this
to anyone? or should it be
kept to myself?

Last edited:
Yes. I have a Nikon FG from 1982, my first SLR. I still have film in it and take the occasional picture with it. I only get the film processed but not printed - I scan the negative with an Epson V700 scanner. The FG has seen a lot of use over the years until 2006 when I bought my first digital camera. I still like the feel of the FG. It is like an old dog that you grew up with! It goes with E series 50mmm lens, and Tamron 28-85 and 80-210mm lenses. Too heavy for me to carry around these days.

Still using my Nikon from the 70s.

A slightly zombie thread...

but yes, I use a Nikon F2 Photomic.

I love my FA, FE2 but my favourite is my FE.

The reason is I've been able to find 5 prime lenses (24,35,50,55 and 105mm) for the price of 1 actual lense.

I still have the F2 in my avatar and it served me very well from new in 78 up until around 2005 before I went pure digital. I should probably sell it but I doubt it's worth very much :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back