anyone try a P900 ?

FUNNY, I was thinking, "Hey I bet that would be good for surfing," and oh my gosh, I clicked on the video link....and most of the video is devoted to showing it used for surfing photography.

I was surprised at just how long the lens is when extended...but then, it's a 2000mm optical focal length (meaning not a "digital zoom" length), and it also offers up to 8,000mm with digital zoom. The photos made using the digital zoom halfway through its range looked decent.The photos of jet airliners at the airport were pretty good...I LIKE the look that ultra-telephoto lenses, like 2,000mm, give to things; that really compressed look. I dunno...this thing could be a fun camera for a lot of people who want a long lens on a light camera, with stabilization.

I thought it was honest to show the 0.75 second time delay at the ultra-long zoom setting; not trying to fool people, but giving them an honest idea that hey, you know, the stabilizer needs to get its bearings, and the focus system needs time to focus.

I'm actually rather impressed by this camera and even though it has a small sensor, the images are better than I thought.

Yes, the image quality is impressive, considering the circumstances.

Nikon certainly knows how to make great superzooms. Well, great as in "tolerable considering the circumstances and compared to the competition".

Now all they need to do is make the same camera, but with RAW file format, a 3cmos technology (to get maximum possible iq) and the focal range equivalent 200-2000mm instead. Because quite frankly I would never use focal lengths below 200mm on such a camera anyway, so they better skip over them in the first place.

Most reactions

Back