anyone use a mac computer????

debvath

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went looking at computers today. I really like the Mac. What are your thoughts as far as doing things with pictures?

For a number of reasons macs are pretty well the standard in the graphics industry and are vastly overrepresented amongst photographers as opposed to the population as a whole.

ive got a macbook but i really dont use it as much as i would like i rather us a PC
I guess once a PC always a PC

There's a lot of us here that use Macs.....

All of their machines have always served me well... and did not disappoint.

On the other hand, the recently announced macbooks are a great let down.

i exclusively use mac... i have for 6 years now.... i've got a macbook, an iMac, and a MacMini.... I used PC before I switched, and I gotta be honest, i'll never use a PC again. They may be cheaper, but in the end they are very expensive... service, crashes, viruses, OS reinstalls... a real pain in the neck. Since i've used mac, i've never had a virus... I've never had to reinstall an OS, I've never had a freeze, I've never had to restart cause something froze up... its just been a lot less of a headache... HOWEVER, someone out there will say "I use PC, and I've never had any problems" but chances are, most PC users tend to not really be that tech savvy, and they have had many problems with PC.. i've never met someone who regretted switching to mac..

Macs are nice. I like PCs better. <shrug>

i exclusively use mac... I used PC before I switched, and I gotta be honest, i'll never use a PC again. They may be cheaper, but in the end they are very expensive... service, crashes, viruses, OS reinstalls... a real pain in the neck. Since i've used mac, i've never had a virus... I've never had to reinstall an OS, I've never had a freeze, I've never had to restart cause something froze up... its just been a lot less of a headache... HOWEVER, someone out there will say "I use PC, and I've never had any problems" but chances are, most PC users tend to not really be that tech savvy, and they have had many problems with PC.. i've never met someone who regretted switching to mac..

Exactly my story. Did all kinds of media work on PC. Got very tired of the maintenance required to keep them running...adware, defrag, virus, regvac etc...

I want to point out the impressive nature that we both can say over years, NEVER multiple times for the things listed above. I love my macbook and will not use PC anytime in the near future.

As far as photo software...you can use photoshop. Mac has iPhoto which I use. Consumer program...good for organizing and basic edits and some level changes. Offer aperture which is a higher level program. If you have a mac store in the area, you can ask them to show those programs to you and they'll show you what they can do, as well as answer any questions.

GL...let us know how you go.

also i'm sure there are many mac users here who can answer questions for you... most mac users that i know, arent beginner users, they know computers, and they know them well (user and tech side)

also i'm sure there are many mac users here who can answer questions for you... most mac users that i know, arent beginner users, they know computers, and they know them well (user and tech side)

I did not know computers well. I knew basic things...I have learned way more on my mac....even photoshop!

About 2 years ago I went from a PC to a Mac and will never go back.

How is it as far as photo editing? Is it limited to what software you can get? I have to say I was really impressed!

No limits for software that you can get.
Software (IE: Photoshop) is available for mac platform.

If it's not available for mac platform, you can run windows programs on a mac through several different options.

I am a student at the art institute and all of my professors, who are also industry professionals, use mac's and only use them.

In my experience they are faster and run smoother and with less problems than all the PC's that I have ever had. I will never go back to PC's.

Same with what everybody else says. I do use PC's at home and at work and have a Windows laptop that I carry back and forth. The old mac that I also have at home always seems to be the machine that I use to keep info and data that I don't want to lose.

Most reactions

Back