Anyone use Induro tripods?

250Gimp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Its time for a decent tripod for me!!

I am considering buying an AX 214 leg set from Induro.
http://www.indurogear.com/products_details_AX214.html#specs

The 214 should be lots strong enough for what I have now, and what I hope to have in the future.

Currently: Canon Rebel Xt with Battery Grip, 70-200 F4L, & Canon 1.4x TC would be the heaviest combo.

The other reason I like the 214 is it is a bit taller than the 114, so I won't have to hunch over to look through the viewfinder while keeping the column retracted.

I have also been considering the Manfrotto 055XPROB, but it is more expensive than the Induro, and the Induro comes with a strap, spikes, tool kit, and a carrying bag.

Let me know your thoughts please.

Thanks

There's a grocery store near my house that has an appliance section. They have all the Canons, Nikons, Olympuses, and Pentaxes from second to the top of the line (so in Nikon's case for example from the D300 and D700 to the D40x - etc.) down. They carry a few Slik tripods and {I think the full line of} INDURO tri and mono pods. I've played with them allot (probably too much for a guy my age ;)) and I love them! I keep talking myself out of buying the MXC45 monopod (with training wheels! :thumbup: :D).

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Bif!

Has anyone had hands on experience??

Cheers

I have an AX214 with a Manfrotto 486CR2 head, and I love it.

mb3.jpg

Thanks for the response Phranquey!!

I just bought the AX214, and a Manfrotto 488CR2 head!

Now I can't wait to get out and use it a bunch!!

CHeers

Induro are Manfrotto knock-offs at much more reasonable prices, and when it comes to their carbon fiber lines, you will be hard pressed to get a better value.

I know many people that buy only Induro and swear by them. You could make a worse choice than Induro. :)

B&H sell both Induro and Benro (different from Benbo). Induro and Benro appear to be identical, and some appear to be copies of Gitzo tripods. The legs look like good value, but I'm not so convinced about the ball heads. I tried one on Manfrotto legs, and the pan base locked up when the head was secured down onto the legs.

Best,
Helen

I just bought the AX214, and a Manfrotto 488CR2 head!

Now I can't wait to get out and use it a bunch!!

Enjoy. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I'm not so convinced about the ball heads. I tried one on Manfrotto legs, and the pan base locked up when the head was secured down onto the legs.

Hmm....I have a 486CR2 on my tripod and my Kirk window mount. Haven't had a problem...yet. I'll keep an eye on that, though.

The problem was with an Induro ball head on Manfrotto legs.

Ahh...I see what you meant. I misread. :blushing:

Thanks

I heard similar things about the benro heads, so I stuck with Manfrotto, especially since I already have a tilt head for my mono pod.

I actually read a blog where a guy tore apart the benro head, and they are built pretty poorly.

Induro legs I'd try for sure. But right now im using my Manfrotto 190CXPRO4
DSC_0105.jpg

Nice pod!

Phranquey too!

I thought about the Manfrotto 190 series, but it is too short for me.

Most reactions

Back