Anyone use Instagram?

I finally decided to get an instagram so I did get one. It's weird how I can only do it form my phone. I have to email my pictures to myself to put my good ones on there. @jbphoto83 on instagram. Not many photos yet because I just got it like 10 minutes ago

I made this thread and haven't gotten one add!!! WTF.

How do I add you on instagram? I will totally add you. I just don't know how.

I think I added you. Check to see if jbphoto83 is following you.

Thanks. I will. Could you do the same for me?

I will. I tried to find him earlier but I used the wrong name. I will add him.

How do you make it so it shows the whole picture and not just a square?

I use an app called "instasize"

I email the picture to myself, then save the picture on my phone and then select that picture with the Instasize app which then takes it straight over to Instagram.

There are quite a few apps that will add the white borders to your photos, instasize, squareready, etc. I try to crop square whenever I can, as the accounts that feature photos typically will only share square cropped photos. It's kind of a pain, and some photos just can't be cropped 1x1 without ruining the composition, but the feature accounts always means more followers. It's really crazy to me how useful IG can be as a business, and building more followers is definitely a focus for me. More followers= brands trying to work with you based on your audience.

You'll see it blatantly being done by the "Instagram models" (hot girls with huge followings, some over a million) where they are promoting so-and-so shoes or clothing, but it's not very subtle and really just kind of corny to me. What I try to do is promote the companies I work with in a more organic way, plus I only work with brands who make products I actually like and use. Granted, I know my reasons for using IG are far different than most photographers who just want to share photos, but I like to show that Instagram is worth putting effort into as a business.

Thanks a lot.

There are quite a few apps that will add the white borders to your photos, instasize, squareready, etc. I try to crop square whenever I can, as the accounts that feature photos typically will only share square cropped photos. It's kind of a pain, and some photos just can't be cropped 1x1 without ruining the composition, but the feature accounts always means more followers. It's really crazy to me how useful IG can be as a business, and building more followers is definitely a focus for me. More followers= brands trying to work with you based on your audience.

You'll see it blatantly being done by the "Instagram models" (hot girls with huge followings, some over a million) where they are promoting so-and-so shoes or clothing, but it's not very subtle and really just kind of corny to me. What I try to do is promote the companies I work with in a more organic way, plus I only work with brands who make products I actually like and use. Granted, I know my reasons for using IG are far different than most photographers who just want to share photos, but I like to show that Instagram is worth putting effort into as a business.
How do you get so many followers? just by the tags you use?

Yeah, putting out good content, posting often, using relevant hashtags, and getting featured on accounts are all ways to get more followers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back