Anyone use the Wacom Bamboo tablets?

Heather Koch

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've been wanting to get a tablet/sketch pad for my macbook pro, seeing as I just use the touch pad on the laptop. I'll be using it with CS6 and LR5.

I was wondering if anyone has used the Wacoms? If so, are they worth the money? Is it life changing? If not Wacom, what else?

Thanks!!!

Bamboo comes in a variety of sizes.

The real issue isnt size the resolution of the pressure sensor is much lower than the pro models. And the cheaper ones don't have programmability and buttons on the tablet.

I use a bamboo create mainly for work, but it's not that useful for photo editing.

Yes, yes, oh my god yes.

I used to use one of the old Bamboo Fun tablets.

This year I upgraded to an Intuos Pro (Small).

My life has never been the same since I started using them.

If you're wanting to go with a new one, the Bamboo tablets aren't being made anymore. They've been replaced with the regular "Intuos" tablet, and that would probably be just fine for you.

Or, of course, you could just buy an older one used.

Either way, you're going to love it!

Yes. Wacom pen tablets are well worth the money.
I use a Wacom Intuos 4 Medium. Bamboo is way to small to suit me.
That is ideally the one I'd love to work my way up to, but for the money I can't pass up the lower levels. Thank you !

Bamboo comes in a variety of sizes.

The real issue isnt size the resolution of the pressure sensor is much lower than the pro models. And the cheaper ones don't have programmability and buttons on the tablet.

I use a bamboo create mainly for work, but it's not that useful for photo editing.

Do you use anything for photo editing?

Yes, I think they are worth it. I use the medium and perhaps could have gotten away with the small.
Amazon.com: Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch Medium Tablet (CTH680): Computers & Accessories

Awesome, thank you!!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes, yes, oh my god yes.

If you're wanting to go with a new one, the Bamboo tablets aren't being made anymore. They've been replaced with the regular "Intuos" tablet, and that would probably be just fine for you.

I see the Intuos ones now, good thing you mentioned that, I would have never known!

Thank you. I really like the small intuos ! For the money, I think that would be the best starter one. My brother always says, "I don't know how you can do that with just your touch pad!"

Yes, yes, oh my god yes.

I see the Intuos ones now, good thing you mentioned that, I would have never known!

Thank you. I really like the small intuos ! For the money, I think that would be the best starter one. My brother always says, "I don't know how you can do that with just your touch pad!"

Yeah I *had* to get one, about 3 years ago. I was getting carpel-tunnel-like symptoms after editing for too long with the trackpad.

I bought it used off a friend who left his in the back of his closet after buying it and rarely using it. He was CONVINCED he was "stealing money" from me, because he was SURE I would find it as useless as he did...

He was wrong.

It took me about a week to get used to, and then I never looked back. It's been the best thing that has ever happened to my retouching workflow.

Yes, yes, oh my god yes.

Yeah I *had* to get one, about 3 years ago. I was getting carpel-tunnel-like symptoms after editing for too long with the trackpad.

I bought it used off a friend who left his in the back of his closet after buying it and rarely using it. He was CONVINCED he was "stealing money" from me, because he was SURE I would find it as useless as he did...

He was wrong.

It took me about a week to get used to, and then I never looked back. It's been the best thing that has ever happened to my retouching workflow.

Wow, you have me convinced! Good work :p

Well, it took me considerably more than a week to get used to using one, but I agree with the others, money well spent! Well technically, in my case, there was no money spent, since it was a gift from my sister a couple of years ago. But I do think I may upgrade to one of those Intuos Pros.

I'm about to buy an Intuos Pro (Medium) next week. So I'll be watching this thread with interest :)

I've never attempted to edit my photos with a trackpad (good work if you lot managed it!!), I currently use as accurate a mouse as I could find, but now that people are actually paying me for shoots, that just won't cut it any more.

Intuos Medium here as well for the past 3 or 4 years, and I'd never want to have to go back to editing without it. I think it took me about 2 weeks to get used to working with it.

I've re-mapped the surface of my medium sized tablet to use a smaller area, like about 1/4 of it in the top left corner, so that I don't have to move my hand all over the thing to work. That said, a small rather than a medium would actually be fine.

I had a friend give me an old wacom tablet about November last year and I couldn't imagine editing photos without it now. I started editing with a mouse and then got me a trackball before getting the tablet.

I am due for an upgrade to the intros medium this year and can't wait to get it.

Do you use anything for photo editing?

Currently, I use either my touchpad or my bamboo tablet. But I really haven't found much advantage to the cheaper bamboo.

I plan on purchasing a better tablet when I purchase a photo editing workstation.

wacom tablets are the best thing a photographer can ever have besides camera and lenses. i got a wacom intous 5 med and i use it all the time i use it 99.9 % of editing with the tablet i highly think you should get a tablet it will be hard at first to get use to it but once you do its a piece of cake.
Good Luck

Most reactions

New Topics

Back