Anyone use this to angle laptop for correct viewing?

Actually looks like a useful little dingus, but for $14.95, I'll stick with my current method which is to display a large zone system graphic and ensure that I can see all ten zone separations distinctly.

Here' a couple of links to useable zone graphics. Small bu simply tilt your laptop screen to provide the greatest clarity, and tonal range.
zone.gif

image001.jpg

Wouldn't this device just line up the center line on the screen? As the eye moves up or down, or left to right, from the center, the distance get longer so only one point, the center, shows the "correct" angle and lighting and colors. You still have to move your head a little if you're looking in areas other than the center.

Which raise another point. This device centers the elevation only, the tilt up and down. You;d need another one on top to adjust the left to right angle.

I have a laptop table that angles down and is adjustable so I'm not using mine on a flat table. So this doohickey might basically do the same thing, if it makes viewing better it might be worth trying, as long as it's sturdy enough for the weight and size of the laptop.

I just... I don't know, look at my photos...lol Maybe it depends on what you're doing. I do a test print, if it's too dark I'll brighten it up, usually a couple of test prints is the most I have to do. I just eyeball it. So maybe that means I'm not in the zone and Ansel Adams will come haunt me someday! lol

edit - I've never heard of this company, have you seen any others that are similar? Out of curiosity I might do some looking.

I use one of those, makes a world of a difference.

You just tilt the screen until you can see the arrow through the little hole :)

The idea is this places the screen @ exactly 90 degrees to your eyes, the optimal viewing angle.

Cheers, Don

Which raise another point. This device centers the elevation only, the tilt up and down. You;d need another one on top to adjust the left to right angle.

The guy forgot to say in the end: "..and remember, DON'T MOVE!"

First you need to know what type of screen your laptop/tablet has.

If it is a TN display and has narrow accurate viewing angles, the angle of your head side-to-side will also matter.

The video narrator's weird voice makes it well worth watching the video--just for the robot-like delivery, and his weird synthesized-sounding voice. Make sure all small children are out of earshot!

Viewing Angle Gauge - Acratech

Thank you all for your help. It's nice to know someone, Don, uses 1.
As a beginner, I Need all the help I can get. If I buy it, maybe in a year I will be saying, geez, I could have saved $15...
Any other thoughts appreciated.
Nancy

You won't be disappointed Nancy.

It's very easy to place yourself reasonably square to the laptop and then the gadget helps you to adjust to the correct and consistent viewing angle.

I am a maker of stuff and was going to "borrow" the idea but for $15, why bother ? :)

Cheers, Don

Most reactions

New Topics

Back