Anyone Used the Pentax HD DA 35 mm Macro Limited

Discussion in 'Pentax Cameras' started by smoke665, Jul 13, 2016.

1. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Really looking hard at this as an addition, the 5.5" min focus, and small package will fill a niche for me. Not sure about the lack of weather sealing. Reviews I've seen and sample images look good as is the price. Any real life recommendations out there?

2. jcdeboever

jcdeboever TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I called my friend who is a Pentax enthusiast and he said it is super sharp corner to corner. He said perspective is what shines with the glass, and went on and on how important that was, I believed him when I called... Great landscape lens. He turned me on to the Nikon 35mm 1.8G for landscape but his blows mine away when working side by side as I was trying I figure out what I'm doing. It is tack sharp. He said it is too sharp for portraits as bokeh is weird, but great bokeh close in. He take all his flower shots with this glass. He is also 92 years old and gets around better than me.

3. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the feedback. All the reviews appear good but until you get some real life feedback, you never know. Though I'm not as old as your friend the medications I take have not played nice with the eyes, and the hand aren't as steady anymore, so autofocus is a necessity.

4. pez

pez No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit

I've had the original version (pretty much the same) for years, and it is versatile, compact, super sharp, and fast enough- a superb lens! It does autofocus, but it's screw drive, and as you might imagine, there is a loong throw because of Macro. Therefore it might hunt sometimes a little in autofocus. I hardly ever use autofocus on any macro lens (when shooting macro), because the camera is usually on a tripod anyway. But really, it's such a great and useful lens!