Anyone Used the Pentax HD DA 35 mm Macro Limited

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Really looking hard at this as an addition, the 5.5" min focus, and small package will fill a niche for me. Not sure about the lack of weather sealing. Reviews I've seen and sample images look good as is the price. Any real life recommendations out there?

Really looking hard at this as an addition, the 5.5" min focus, and small package will fill a niche for me. Not sure about the lack of weather sealing. Reviews I've seen and sample images look good as is the price. Any real life recommendations out there?

I called my friend who is a Pentax enthusiast and he said it is super sharp corner to corner. He said perspective is what shines with the glass, and went on and on how important that was, I believed him when I called... Great landscape lens. He turned me on to the Nikon 35mm 1.8G for landscape but his blows mine away when working side by side as I was trying I figure out what I'm doing. It is tack sharp. He said it is too sharp for portraits as bokeh is weird, but great bokeh close in. He take all his flower shots with this glass. He is also 92 years old and gets around better than me.

Thanks for the feedback. All the reviews appear good but until you get some real life feedback, you never know. Though I'm not as old as your friend the medications I take have not played nice with the eyes, and the hand aren't as steady anymore, so autofocus is a necessity.

I've had the original version (pretty much the same) for years, and it is versatile, compact, super sharp, and fast enough- a superb lens! It does autofocus, but it's screw drive, and as you might imagine, there is a loong throw because of Macro. Therefore it might hunt sometimes a little in autofocus. I hardly ever use autofocus on any macro lens (when shooting macro), because the camera is usually on a tripod anyway. But really, it's such a great and useful lens!

Most reactions

Back