Anyone using the flashpoint monolights?

Mach0

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If so, what soft boxes are you using? I've been looking all day for something to say what style mount they use..... Does anyone know? Or are you stuck with flashpoints soft boxes?

I use them... but only with Umbrellas and brollys... nothing that needs a speedring. Can't help you there! A quick call to Adorama would answer that question for you, probably. I actually have a note at home... listing the speedring compatibility, but since I am at work... it doesn't help you! :)

If you call the guys at adorama they'll walk you through getting a speedring to adapt any softbox to work.
I have a couple of the flashpoitnts that I use with my WL setups and I have to say I am really impressed with them!

If you call the guys at adorama they'll walk you through getting a speedring to adapt any softbox to work. I have a couple of the flashpoitnts that I use with my WL setups and I have to say I am really impressed with them!
Thank you. I will order the kit with the 24x36 soft box and just add another box with the 620.

So I called adorama today and they said flashpoint lights will only work with flash point boxes........

Is this true or is this an attempt to buy only their products? They say the flashpoint 1 and 2 have different mounts. Some say bowens, some say photogenic...... Any idea which one?

Last edited:
I believe the Flashpoint II's have the Photogenic mounts.... don't know about the FP 1's! Which FP's do you have?

And I have to agree with MLeek... they are excellent flashes for the money.

Is this true or is this an attempt to buy only their products? They say the flashpoint 1 and 2 have different mounts. Some say bowens, some say photogenic...... Any idea which one?
If Adoramam was smart and really wanted to sell you more stuff, they would say on their web sites flashpoint monolight pages what speedrings to use with the lights:
FP320M Flashpoint II 320M, 150 Watt Second AC / DC Monolight Strobe. but they don't.

However, if you type 'flashpoint speedrings', into Adorama's search feature you get: flashpoint speedrings - Adorama.com

If Adoramam was smart and really wanted to sell you more stuff, they would say on their web sites flashpoint monolight pages what speedrings to use with the lights:FP320M Flashpoint II 320M, 150 Watt Second AC / DC Monolight Strobe. but they don't.However, if you type 'flashpoint speedrings', into Adorama's search feature you get: flashpoint speedrings - Adorama.com
If only the man on the phone was that helpful lol. Thanks !

I believe the Flashpoint II's have the Photogenic mounts.... don't know about the FP 1's! Which FP's do you have?And I have to agree with MLeek... they are excellent flashes for the money.
I'm getting a 320m ii. After searching for a while, the company that makes the soft box has an adaptor that you can replace the center of the dedicated speed ring. Thank you for your help.

I believe the Flashpoint II's have the Photogenic mounts.... don't know about the FP 1's! Which FP's do you have?And I have to agree with MLeek... they are excellent flashes for the money.
I'm getting a 320m ii. After searching for a while, the company that makes the soft box has an adaptor that you can replace the center of the dedicated speed ring. Thank you for your help.

I have two 320's and a 620! You will love them.. I promise! :) looking forward to shots...

Most reactions

Back