Anyone With A Digital Camera And Facebook Is A Pro

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by smoke665, Oct 2, 2017.

1. SquarePeg

SquarePeg Hear me roar Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I have 3 people blocked and they are also all family, lol. Annoying brother, swearing every post cousin's husband, emotionally needy cousin

2. nerwin

nerwin Been spending a lot of time on here!

Me too. As they say...great minds think alike!!

3. nerwin

nerwin Been spending a lot of time on here!

Who wants some game invites? :biglaugh:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Dean_Gretsch

Dean_Gretsch TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    :eek-new: I think we are related!!:eek-73:

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Solarflare

Solarflare No longer a newbie, moving up!

Well I'm not the only person in my family with a camera and a bit of an idea of what they're doing.

Also I'm only photographing since, I dunno, 5 years now ?

So I wasnt in this situation yet.

6. Nevermore1

Nevermore1 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Last time my husbands cousin tried to show off her "professional" photos to me I bit my tongue and responded with "looks like you're getting some practice!" She saw me out taking photos of the farm one weekend and a few weeks later when we were visiting she pulls out her brand new camera (the same camera I have, Canon 70D) and announces that she's now a professional photographer. She went and took one class at a local college and thinks she's an expert. She's always trying to get people to buy calendars and what not and does photos for family weddings (she charges them, always bragging about how she's being paid to attend). I haven't had the heart to tell her that 90% of her photos suck, nothing like a wedding portrait with a huge shadow going right through the couples face. Keep in mind, I'm not saying that I'm tons better than she is but at least I know I'm not good enough to charge for photos.

Edited for several typos.

7. Jamesaz

Jamesaz TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

I attended a street fair yesterday and there was a woman selling 11x14 prints, matted on 16x20 board for $15.00. Her stuff didn't interest me, mostly landscapes and flowers but more or less competent, if unexciting inkjet prints. She also had notecards. I figure they had to be done by some automated service where the files were read, adjusted, printed and matted for a fixed fee, but I didnt ask because I couldn't get my head around selling a print for 15$. How can this be done without losing money? Not to mention how it cheapens others' images. I totally get how it's photography and doesn't have the pricing structure of other media, and I totally get that these are not hand made and are probably done for people with limited resources looking for something they can "live with" but $15? Really?