Anyone with photo editing skills?

bk4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If you are bored and you can edit photos will you fix the glare in this for me?

2945102411_66443e2f17_o.jpg

Thanks

No offense but if you want a pic done right you will need to invest in developing the skills for yourself. there will not always be someone around to help. ;)

Actually, I think the lighting is kinda cool as it is.

That being said, I don't think there is a way to fix the glare in this case. It's the kind of thing you would have to compensate for in the original exposure, and in the case of shooting directly into the sun, that's somewhat challenging to do. :)

A circular polarizer would cut down on the glare off the water a bit, but as I said... I kinda like it.

When you say glare are you referring to the reflection in the water or the lens flare?

Here's my attempt on saving the picture for you. I will not say how or what I did, so I hope this one learning experience was a good one. :mrgreen:

When you say glare are you referring to the reflection in the water or the lens flare?

Yeah, I was thinking of the reflection on the water until I saw Paul M remove the lens flare.

BTW, Chris... your avatar is going to give me nightmares. Thanks bro.

Last edited:
If it's the flare you mean then it's a really easy fix. You'd be better searching Google for tutorials on using the clone and healing tools rather than asking someone to do it for you. If your in any way serious about your photography you're going top need some PP skills.

And yeah Chris, you've looked better dude. ;)

Beautiful setting sun.

#5 is good

No offense and I guess it is almost Halloween
but the big eyes are a little "unsettling".
Craig.;)

No offense but if you want a pic done right you will need to invest in developing the skills for yourself. there will not always be someone around to help. ;)

Yeah i know i should invest some time in developing my skills but i needed this picture for a project for school and i have a dead line.

Paul M, Thank you for taking the time to do that. I appreciate it and i like the way it turned out.

Yeah i know i should invest some time in developing my skills but i needed this picture for a project for school and i have a dead line.

Paul M, Thank you for taking the time to do that. I appreciate it and i like the way it turned out.

You're welcome. May I recommend downloading GIMP (free) and learn the basics so you can take pride in doing this when you need to without asking for "help". You will only benefit in the long run if you put the time and effort in.

paul i think you did a great job removing the flare, but i feel the color is a bit muddy after the edit. (no offense of course)

bk4, i rather like the lighting in the original image...sans the flare.

paul i think you did a great job removing the flare, but i feel the color is a bit muddy after the edit. (no offense of course)

bk4, i rather like the lighting in the original image...sans the flare.

I agree. If you take the time to actually do it yourself I'd try and keep the brilliance of the sun in tact. It's not hard at all to photoshop the glare on the water, but keep your sun shining. It brings contrast and concept to the photo.

I meant the lens flare, glare was the wrong word for that i guess.
I guess i am just a newbie and need to learn the lingo :)

Most reactions

Back