Anything Wrong with this? (Stamping the back of my photos)

PhilGarber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
philipofnj.redbubble.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all,

When I sell a print do you think it would be alright if I stamped the back of my photo with my name? I know that customers do not like copyright notices ON images but would it be alright if I put it on the back? I'm asking because it would really make me feel safer knowing that no one can go to staples and make zillion copy's of my photos. (Though I know most would refuse to copy them).

Thanks,

Phil

Can;t think why it would not be.
Any professional printers won't make copies of them and it won't get in the way of someone viewing your photos.
Course it won't stop someone with a good scanner, but you have protected yourself and informed the buyer of the copywrite so if you do catch them you have the law on your side (provided you still have your original JPEG or better your RAW)

Can;t think why it would not be.
Any professional printers won't make copies of them and it won't get in the way of someone viewing your photos.
Course it won't stop someone with a good scanner, but you have protected yourself and informed the buyer of the copywrite so if you do catch them you have the law on your side (provided you still have your original JPEG or better your RAW)

Thanks!:D That was the answer I was looking for!

Make sure your ink is archival so it doesn't degrade the print over time. Also, make sure you use a quick-dry ink or prints stacked one atop the other will smear the ink, making the stamp illegible and transferring ink from where you want it to where you don't. Rexton Ink is one brand.

Hey all,

When I sell a print do you think it would be alright if I stamped the back of my photo with my name? I know that customers do not like copyright notices ON images but would it be alright if I put it on the back?

I've been doing it for 25 years. I started out with a stamp. These days, I use lables. They look like this:

labelproof.jpg

-Pete

In Asian culture, very frequently a "name stamp" is used to authorize things. I'm still waiting so that I have more money to get my own, that way I can stamp the back of my prints with it (in red).

My pro print lab does this for me. :) Not as good as the sticker but it helps prevent copies being made at stores.

Most reactions

Back