julie32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.juliestarkphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there,

Has anyone used the new software called "Aperature" from Mac? If so, is it any good or particularly better than any other photo storage? What's the difference btween Aperature and iphoto?

thanks in advance,
julie

Its actually "Aperture" and I don't use it because I have Lightroom on both my Mac and PC and I'm just used to using it.

It's more advanced than iPhoto and can do a lot more along the lines of PP.

Aperture is not really a 'photo storage' software...it's a workflow software. It's designed to work with RAW files and large quantities of images. It makes it easier to work with 1000 shots...for example. I believe it's also a non-destructive software (for RAW at least)...so when you are editing your shots, you really aren't changing the original image or saving a copy...it just saves the changes that you made...then when you need to output the files...that's when it applies them and does the output.

Adobe Lightroom is probably the closest competitor.

Thanks for the info. I feel like an ass the way I spelled that. And I wrote it TWICE none the less! Aperture, Aperture, Aperture.

don't worry ;)

anyway, it is much more than a program to organise your images (actually the way image/filespace organization is done with it, turns some people off) ... but it is a RAW developer/processing program.

you might look into lightroom as well, or bibble, or breeze browser.

Or if you are simply looking for something to sort, order and categorize your images...I've heard that iPhoto is actually pretty good...but there are plenty of options.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back