Aperlites asked me to post a review at Amazon.

To Aperlite or on Amazon?

If you don't want to, then don't. If you do post a review on Amazon, don't say anything that you don't believe to be accurate or true. If you think it's a bad product, say so in the review. Just because they provided you a flash, doesn't mean you have to give it a good review.

I say do it, but give an honest review.
my Neewer 750II flash is the same price as the aperlite. i would have loved to have gotten to do a comparison of the two.

How about "I have 40+ years of experiences and bought this flash yesterday. It works great!" :allteeth:
I'm guessing here, but that may be a stretch. ;)

A substantial percentage of Amazon reviews of photo gear come from people who have JUST purchased the item, tried it out for a bit, and are filled with euphoria about their new purchase....which is often the first of its kind for the average Amazon buyer. I looked through Amazon reviews for another brand's flash kit a month ago...loads of first-time, first-flash-ever buyers, comparing it to their pop-up flash or NO flash...and in there were some distressing issues with that other brand's flash and trigger kit offering.

Give an honest review. I see that the company you speak of has given out a number of review units in exchange for Amazon reviews...seems to be the way they are handling this product roll-out. Tell it as you see it. Compare it with other similar products. Discuss its limitations or weaknesses honestly, and discuss how much experience you have with similar equipment and how you used the product under review. Just be honest and straight-forward with your review. No need to feel obligated to give false praise.

The idea of no free lunches, no comped hotel stays, no comped meals for journalists is an old concept, designed to ensure integrity in reporting, criticism, and analysis. You should state that the unit was given to you for review, and state if you were allowed to keep it or had to return it. Be straight with people. Be honest!

Most reactions

Back