Aperture for a dSLR lense

A view finder is very easy to get used to.
I can't believe how many people have completely forgotten how to use a viewfinder. I constantly have to remind relatives/friends/etc. that you have to look through the viewfinder, not the LCD.

Nikon Live View, with the D300 (3" screen by the way) is decent for tripod use. I've used it handheld, but I personally find it awkward unless you are holding the camera above you to look over something (in which case it is very useful and allows you to do something most other dSLRs don't let you do.) I wouldn't let Live View be a deciding factor in choosing a body. But the D300 also 100% viewfinder coverage, which is definitely nice.

I can't believe how many people have completely forgotten how to use a viewfinder. I constantly have to remind relatives/friends/etc. that you have to look through the viewfinder, not the LCD.

strange enough I know lots of people complaining if there p&s cameras do not have viewfinders. I know of people giving up taking pictures on trips since they could not see a thing on that screen in the desert sun.

Most reactions

Back