Aperture Q.

Go ahead and get a feel for it in the other modes such as P, S, A. Heck even use the scenery help and facial recognition.
After you get a feel for it you can start to work your way into other portions of the camera.

Yes, my model is much much older than yours, but I still carry it as it is handy. I don't think this 'type' of Fuji camera ever excelled in low light.

Good luck and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

ISO=100
1/320
F5.6
DSCF1648.jpg

See what I mean? Are my setting off? Shouldn't those be sufficient in a regular lit living room?

Did you just get the camera, if so is it new or used? Have you tever taken any successful pictures with it?

Try increasing the ISO and decreasing the shutter

Its new and I got it at christmas times. I have taken pictures that have come out just fine before, but for some reason I have to use flash to get any thing in Manual mode and sometimes it doesn't even come out than. I just don't get it. Custom mode also does this. Auto, SR, Sp, and Panorama all work fine. I have also taken ok pics using Aperture Priority, Shutter Priorty (have to use flash). This mode is giving me more problems than any other.

I don't know that camera, so my suggestion is read the manual, there has to be a setting or something out of wack.

What are you trying to take a picture of?

Grab the camera, sit it on your desk, set the shutter to one second and Aperture to f/5.6 and take a shot. IF your room isnt pitch black you should see something.

That was an attempt at a candle.

And this is with the settings you told me.
DSCF1650.jpg

Take that picture again but in auto. I'd be curious as to what setting the camera selects.

You really need to use a tripod or set the camera down on something...

Here is th Exif data in Manual:

Focal Length: 45.3mm
Aperture: f/5.6
Exposure Time: 1.000 s
ISO equiv: 100
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No
Color Space: sRGB

Here is the EXIF data in Auto:

Focal Length: 45.3mm
Aperture: f/3.6
Exposure Time: 0.250 s (1/4)
ISO equiv: 800
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: program (Auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No
Color Space: sRGB

In auto the camera selected a much higher ISO, and a larger aperture.

Same type of camera.....

4394113212_f9a5b4b9fe_o.jpg

No flash:
f5.6
iso 100
1/320
dark room

4393345975_dbdaa400d6_o.jpg

same settings with flash...
[in manual mode]

I'm curious to see what you ended up with AJake.
Our cameras are nearly identical.

Hand held.

Manual mode with Auto Settings:
DSCF1652-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back