Apollo Moon "Hoax" - Photographic "Evidence" Questions

astrostu said:
Do you really honestly believe this? Have you actually thought this through? Or are you just trying to antagonize people?

Your only posts on ThePhotoForum have been pro-hoax in this particular thread ... are you here to discuss photography or are you here to perpetuate these incorrect, inflammatory views that have been debunked countless times?

Like you, I was curious to see if photographers would have some insight into this. Well, obviously not these ones.

It takes very little knowledge or intelligence to know the sky is bright and blue in daytime because light is scattered by the atmosphere.

Here is an explanation for young children. If it's too difficult I can try and make it even simpler. I have a physics degree and used to be a lecturer although I taught computing to adults.

http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/sky_blue.html

That's how NASA got away with this, the absolutely astonishing ignorance, arrogance and stupidity of the average American . Very scary.

come on, lets not discuss this all in terms of intelligence and degrees in physics, this is disgusting.

I myself have several degrees in phyisics, and I do earn my money with research and university teaching for some years... and that is why I gave up discussing these things on forums (just like all those discussions about general relativity or quantum physics). And the attitude and mood in this particular thread really puts me off now.. I will ignore it from now on.

Alex_B said:
come on, lets not discuss this all in terms of intelligence and degrees in physics, this is disgusting.

I myself have several degrees in phyisics, and I do earn my money with research and university teaching for some years... and that is why I gave up discussing these things on forums (just like all those discussions about general relativity or quantum physics). And the attitude and mood in this particular thread really puts me off now.. I will ignore it from now on.

I think this is where it went wrong.

Do you really honestly believe this? Have you actually thought this through? Or are you just trying to antagonize people?

Your only posts on ThePhotoForum have been pro-hoax in this particular thread ... are you here to discuss photography or are you here to perpetuate these incorrect, inflammatory views that have been debunked countless times?

Folks, what you have here is a troll. Let's let it go and get back to discussing photography

Going back to discussing photography is really easy. Just let this thread die. Have a great afternoon.

Greig Dempsey said:
That's how NASA got away with this, the absolutely astonishing ignorance, arrogance and stupidity of the average American . Very scary.

Thanks, you've done a great job insulting me and everyone else. Now begone troll.

Folks you have to stop feeding him. He won't go away until you do.

The original post had a specific question.

Please stick to answering that question, and refrain from any further off topic bickering.

Back to the OP...

Obviously, I don't subscribe to the hoax theory but some of the discussion here brings to mind some photographic evidence seldom discussed. While wfov visible light photos of stars from the Lunar surface would have been of little scientific value, one of the experiments conducted during Apollo 16 was ultraviolet astrophotography using a Schmidt telescopic camera. Images aren't the easiest to come by online but a few are included in Chapter 13 of the Apollo 16 Preliminary Science Report. (dial-up warning: file size ≈ 55 mb)

A couple of additional images:

Link
Link

While I can't immediately put my hands on it, I seem to recall seeing one UV photo of stars with a portion of the lunar landscape included in frame.

PetersCreek said:
For the sake of good form, I'd like to point out that the bold, quoted text in post #50 is from an article entitled, The Skeleton in NASA's Spacesuit, written by Jack White.

Attribution is nice. Linking to lengthy articles is even nicer. Ya know...copyright stuff and all that.

Jack White makes a lot of claims and accusations. The problem is, the man just flat doesn't know what he's talking about. His claptrap has been authoritatively rebuked time and time again.

Oh I thought I mentioned that I didn't write that.

In fact I am quite certain that we landed on the moon.

FURTHERMORE I even understand how we took that many pictures, one every 50 seconds... later missions were almost completely PICTURE TAKING missions!

I was just trying to keep the photography discussion online.

Actually I met Armstrong in person (think it was him, or maybe mixing something up?), and it was easy to tell that something really had an impact to his live and the way he saw things

Yeah living a lie for nearly forty years would have that effect on someone!

So as you seem to be the man with all the answers Alex perhaps you could explain exactly what effect the supersonic, 3000 degrees C, lunar lander Rocket exaust would have on the Lunar dust that was right under the Rocket nozzle?
Would it melt the dust/rock?...And if so, would this molten dust/rock be blasted outwards by the thrust of the gases, leaving a crater under the lander and melted rock residue all over the legs of the lander?
Or would it just sit there because of the vacuum on the Moon?
BTW, please explain why the fuel load carried by the lander was insufficient to both retard the lander during its landing and allow it to attain lunar orbit again?
Please explain why the reflection in Buzz Aldrins visor shows that Neil Armstrong had no camera on his chest bracket to take the picture in the first place?
Please explain how the constant rain of x-rays from the Sun that the moon is exposed to failed to expose the film in the camera despite a total lack of sheilding on the camera to sheild against x-rays?
Please explain why there seems to be a fill light used to fill in the shadows on and around the Astronauts in many Apollo pics despite there being only one light source, the Sun?
:scratch:

first i would like to say i think we DID go to the moon!

and at some point we will know all this for sure.... because as technology gets better we will go to the moon again with better cameras etc... and proof of other visits will be shown/proven

so if you really want to know if we did or didnt.... just wait ;)

just read a little of this for fun -until it was too much reading and not fun anymore.

I think that the original question was about photographic reasons to claim it an hoax. Just two comments from what I read:

1. Astrotu, I can't find anything strange or amazing in a flag fluttering in a still picture. Is the same as considering amazing claiming from a still picture that a man was jumping or running. Most reasonable, I think!

2. You asked for photographic reasons, astrotu, and there was one in the first long repñy of DSG: that film should have been ruined. Sounds like a strong point, if that is so.

And that's all for me... by the way, although leaving the discussion without having a position in the debate, which I don't know enough to take one, I do not find any problem at all in considering the whole thing a pure fake. Worse things have happened...

I happen to have a large supply of aluminum foil hat liners that I would be willing to sell.

For every order made today, I will include a terry cloth bib with the logo,"NASA lied" in red on a blue field.

Dawn of the Dead Thread: When there's no more room in the archive, dead posts will walk the earth...

Most reactions

Back