Apollo's Chariot

southpaw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
any comments and help would be appreciated

n506800498_1331777_5432.jpg

Not sure what you were going for with this one.

Its a roller coaster, I see that, but I dont get the feeling of excitement and exhilaration that one gets riding a coaster. Comes off as a bit like a snapshot, not much photography going on, seems more like a "hey, that looks cool...SNAP".

You did good in finding an interesting line in the roller coaster, but I'm not sure the trees at the bottom are helping the image as my eye keeps ping ponging from the tree to the rail.

It was just an attempt at trying to get the train going over the hill since I had a good vantage point

Southpaw
Hello and welcome to the forum

I can understand how you thought you took an interesting, cool shot.
The camera does not always see what we can see, so the image does not quite make it.

Your shot captured a moment you felt, but does not convey it to the viewer who was not there with you.

Next time, if you do not have a lens to bring you closer, get closer yourself. These coasters are crazy wild. So, get close and shoot a crazy wild angle, hopefully catching the emotion of the people on the coaster. You do not even have to capture all of the cars.

I was on the riverboat ride this shot is from the lake and I zoomed in as far as I could on my camera lol (it's my parents Canon A540 digital)

Pbelarge you suggested I get closer, what about this?

n506800498_1331779_6050.jpg

The shot still doesn't say "roller coaster" to me. Again, there is no action or excitement in the shot.

I understand you were limited by the camera you were using, and having a bigger zoom would mean you could get in closer, but these two shots are just snaps of something you walked by. Granted, the something is nice, but its just a snap.

Read up online on how to compose a photograph, what to look for...things like triangles, rules of thirds, repetition, line convergance. You can still make nice photography with P&S cameras.

Most reactions

Back