Apple Aperture

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by cpelsy2k1, Mar 7, 2008.

1. cpelsy2k1

cpelsy2k1 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey Everyone,

I am looking for some general comments and suggestions about somebody using aperture for the first time. Does anyone have any good websites to use for tutorials or any recommendations for getting started with this software? Any advice would be helpful!

2. Craddosk

Craddosk TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I use Aperture, and find its a great program for organizing and minor editing. In terms of tutorials, it's fairly straight forward, but there is some at www.apple.ca/aperture

The best thing you can do, in terms of learning how to use Aperture, is to experiment with many of your pictures. The User Manual can be helpful occasionally, but most things are fairly straight forward.

3. Sideburns

Sideburns TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    There isn't much to tutorial through...it's basically cataloging and basic edits...all pretty straightforward. The manual basically tells you EVERYTHING....it's quite large. If something isn't in the manual, I'm sure someone here would be able to help.

4. CanadianMe

CanadianMe TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I got it and played around with it, very easy learning curve to it. I did add a workflow CS3 action pack to it though to get a bit more out of it. I never even looked at the manual yet and figured it out, the tutorials at apple should suffice to get you started.