Apple Cinema Display - Question

AUZambo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Y'all can read my "Monitor Calibration" thread below (assuming it's not bumped) to see how this came about, but I want to know about this monitor:

Apple 20 inch LCD Cinema Display & DVI/ADC Adaptor - eBay (item 150369528013 end time Sep-06-09 12:31:38 PDT)

I can get this monitor locally off craigslist for $75 and I was wondering if it's worth it. At first I was thinking it's a great deal - then I saw the same model on ebay for $30 (plus shipping).

I'm wanting a monitor that will be better for editing photos, but can't afford an IPS monitor now...and probably won't be able to get one for a while because my first kid will be born sometime this month. I can swing $75 to buy this now.

Will I be disappointed in this monitor? Just trying to figure out what to do!

TIA

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have one found at a local garage sale as a secondary display. Works fine... I like it. It is attached to an older G5 workstation equipped with an ADC connector so I never needed the DVI/ADC converter. As such, I cannot comment on the use or performance of the converter which isn't a simple dongle.

My biggest problem with the display is that the back light is slightly different than my primary which is the newer version. Other problems are the acrylic "leg" that props up the monitor tends to break and finding a replacement is a royal PITA. The monitor is also not equipped with a VESA compatible bracket on the rear which makes it impossible to attach to monitor brackets.

Most reactions

Back