Apple is the new target for hackers

JClishe

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Interesting article about Apple and security.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/06/17/tech...rity/index.htm

Anyone who thought Apple was immune from virus' and malware should take notice. Apple is just as prone to malware as Windows, if not moreso, it's simply a matter of more hackers targetting PC's than Mac's. Now that Apple is gaining market share, Mac-based malware is growing.

There have been many security experts that have had repeatedly indicated that PC's are more secure than Mac's because Microsoft has been taking security more seriously than Apple over the last several years and that "it's only a matter of time" before before Mac's become a larger target. Looks like their time has come.

Wow.

Emily - you are exactly right. The point of the article is to convery that Mac's are becoming increasingly "in the spotlight" as far as malware and malicious threats go, and Mac users should take the appropriate precautions. This is relevant because many Mac users have taken a false sense of security that simply because they are on a Mac, that they are not vulnerable to these types of threats.

I'm not accusing any specific person of practicing "unsafe browsing" or not being security conscience. I'm simply sharing information that is relevant to the TPF community due to the relatively high percentage of Mac users in photography. And most certainly am I not even remotely suggesting that anyone should dump their Mac's.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back