Apple releases IPod Photo

Geronimo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
http://www.apple.com/ipodphoto/

A delight for the ears. A feast for the eyes. Though it’s no bigger than a pack of playing cards and weighs in at just over 6 ounces, iPod Photo delivers a one-two sensory punch. Letting you carry an entire library of your favorite music — up to 15,000 songs — or enough photos — as many as 25,000 — to fill nearly 200 slide trays or cover nearly 5,000 square feet of wall space. Got a really big den?

The newest member of the iPod family, iPod Photo comes in two sizes: a 40GB model, available for $499, and a capacious 60GB model that sells for $599. Both feature a razor sharp LCD display that lets you see your photos in vivid color — 65,536 colors, to be exact. And with its built-in backlighting, you’ll be able to admire those photos indoors or out.
Take Your Photos for a Spin

I actually might buy one now, if only it had a way to transfer off the media itself.

dpreview.com
No built-in Card slot! iTunes is be used to sync photos but appears to downsample them for display on the iPod Photo.
It's also fairly clear that the iPod Photo won't have the horsepower to display high megapixel images particularly quickly, hence why iTune's default is to transfer downsized images for playback on the iPod Photo.

What's the point in having them uncompressed on such a small screen anyway? I think it's a good thing to downsize the images before the transfer.

Bah...I have a pocket p.c.....all I need is a 2gb multi media card and ive got a better thing that that Ipod photo :p

Artemis said:
Bah...I have a pocket p.c.....all I need is a 2gb multi media card and ive got a better thing that that Ipod photo :p

Anyone who has ever owned an iPod would take that as an insult. The iPod is by far the coolest and most used piece of electronic equipment I have. I often use it for listening to my music while I'm out taking pictures.

I think the next version will have a net connection and that would be helpful for journalists and pros who are in the field. That would be a cool idea.

www.ipodsdirtysecret.com

This happened to me, and for it, I will hate ipods for the rest of my life... I did a little researching, and I found that they use the same batteries for the ipod Photo that they did for the normal iPods. Which means that this same problem will still be there, and the thing will not hold a charge after 18 months.

santino said:
you know what, I sent my iPod to apple after 9 months because of battery probs. and I got a totally new one wtihin a week.

Now, did you get it free?

danalec99 said:
I think the next version will have a net connection and that would be helpful for journalists and pros who are in the field. That would be a cool idea.

I would expect bluetooth to be the next thing. This would allow net access via mobile phones.

You can get a brand new battery for $60, which I think is well worth it. Also I have had my iPod for almost two years (got mine Christmas 2002) and the battery still lasts 6 hours. The trick is to turn the iPod of completely instead of letting it go to sleep by using pause. Also don't use the alarm function as this drains battery.

santino said:
Shutterbug said:
santino said:
you know what, I sent my iPod to apple after 9 months because of battery probs. and I got a totally new one wtihin a week.

Now, did you get it free?

yeah, I got it free.

Then you had the warantee, which costs money to begin with. Every single person I've ever talked to who owns or owned an iPod has had that problem, and one way or another they paid for it to get replaced, through the 99 buck battery program from apple or the extended warantee. It's sort of dumb to buy a product that will become useless and need replacement in less than two years to begin with, even if it was free.

You can get a brand new battery for $60

You can get a third party battery from Hong Kong for 60 bucks. Then, you have to install it yourself, which is a complicated feat in itself, and THEN it will only work if you are lucky, because a good deal of third party batteries don't match the voltage exactly and can permanantly fry your unit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back