Apple rip-off alert

I hope it all works out

EDIT

I found some conflicting messages in my post I just made

Check this site

http://www.apple.com/go/giftcards/faqs.html

It says you can merge cards at the apple store... then it says you can use certain # of cards below it

But if you can merge all of your cards, then that would be 1?

I just dont know. So strange

it does say you can use 6 cards at the apple store, thats one shy of your 7.... maybe use the 6 biggest, buy no accessories and pay the balance. Then use your last card to buy some accessories. It sucks, but its kind of a solution. 6 is better than the 4 he told you. Apparently 4 is for the online store.

Maybe you could merge the 4 in to 1. Come back later and merge the other 3 in to the 1 you merged from the first 4.... I dont know, I'm shooting for the moon here to help ya out :lol:

I think in the end they will work with you.

I also think that writing the CEO is going way too far up the chain. He'll probably never see it

When I worked at CompUSA...my opinion of Apple went WAYYY down. It was one of our most returned products...and the Apple rep who worked there didnt know squat. I have never liked Apple....I dont care for Microsoft either...but I will use them over Apple.

Trouble is the nearest Apple store is a 6 hour drive. It's 3 hours from Columbia to Charlotte. With petrol at $3.10 per gallon and an SUV that does 19mpg, I don't think I'll be making that drive anytime soon!

I'm not sure what to tell other than: Apple is not the only company that limits the use of giftcards. I've never had any issue with Apple computers (been using them every day for eight years, and I was eight years old eight years ago and never broke anything). I've never had a bad experience with customer service. And statistically, Apple has the best-reviewed customer service and customer satisfaction. You've just had a rough go of things. Nobody talks about how companies do well, only about how they suck. So, I'm not saying Apple is always good, but statistically, they usually are. Hope it all turns out well for you. But don't bash the entire company because you're having a rough time. No company has ever satisfied everyone.

I'm not sure what to tell other than: Apple is not the only company that limits the use of giftcards. I've never had any issue with Apple computers (been using them every day for eight years, and I was eight years old eight years ago and never broke anything). I've never had a bad experience with customer service. And statistically, Apple has the best-reviewed customer service and customer satisfaction. You've just had a rough go of things. Nobody talks about how companies do well, only about how they suck. So, I'm not saying Apple is always good, but statistically, they usually are. Hope it all turns out well for you. But don't bash the entire company because you're having a rough time. No company has ever satisfied everyone.

yeah, it really sucks this is his first experience with the company.

Like the old saying though, cant win em' all.

I'll stick with a good Debian box any day of the week. Then again I don't mind futzing around with a computer to get it to do EXACTLY what I want it to. If you're up for the futzing I would definitely say Linux is better than Apple if you're not Apple or Windows is the only way to go because Ubuntu is basically Windows with prettier graphics.

yeah, it really sucks this is his first experience with the company.

Like the old saying though, cant win em' all.

Yeah, it's tough to go back to a company you've had a bad experience with. The only bad thing about Apple was the iPhone price drop so recent after it came out. I felt like I was being punished for being an early adopter. But then they gave me us early adopters a $100 gift card. Still wasn't the same as the $200 I could have saved by waiting like, a month, but it's something most companies wouldn't have done.

Yeah, it's tough to go back to a company you've had a bad experience with. The only bad thing about Apple was the iPhone price drop so recent after it came out. I felt like I was being punished for being an early adopter. But then they gave me us early adopters a $100 gift card. Still wasn't the same as the $200 I could have saved by waiting like, a month, but it's something most companies wouldn't have done.

Could be worse... at least you didnt buy one of those HD DVD Players and a stack of now obsolete movies. Betamax II! :lmao:

Sometimes Apple tends to be arrogant but I am very satisfied with their products. 5 macs for 3 years and not a single significant crash (well mail unexpectedly quits every few weeks but that's minor). PCs on the other hand (^.^) ugh...

I think the crashing thing is more due to the use of the computer than the OS I've heard both sides...

price to pay as an early adopter huh? :confused:

My HD-DVD player is the 360's add-on, so it wasn't that bad. I use it for DVD more than HD-DVD anyways, so I can keep a game in my Xbox 360 and have a DVD in the HD-DVD add-on. Makes it faster and easier to switch from my favorite TV show to my favorite game. It basically just allows me to be lazier. But, I'm trying to be less lazy these days. So, we'll see.

Back on topic, don't hate Apple for something a lot of companies do. It's rather lame to do so. Hate them for something better, like, 'I like to play computer games, Apple sucks!'. That is at least a reasonable argument and a relatively justifiable position. Then again, I'm an Apple fanboy, so maybe I should be banned from this thread.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back