Apple rip-off alert

My bumps are on the F and J as on pretty much every keyboard I've used.

Neal, what in the hell are you talking about? I have four Apple Keyboards sitting around, let's see...

Normal on the old one.
Normal on the new one.
Normal on a third party Mac keyboard.
Normal on my MacBook Pro.

When have you ever, ever seen a keyboard with the bumps on a 'd' and a 'k'?

All the Apples I ever used had the bumps on the D and the K. It was a PITA because if you weren't paying close attention and were transcribing from notes, you could type a whole paragraph with the wrong letters.

All the Apples I ever used had the bumps on the D and the K. It was a PITA because if you weren't paying close attention and were transcribing from notes, you could type a whole paragraph with the wrong letters.

That's so weird. I've been using Macs for the eight years I've been capable of using a computer, never had a mac with a keyboard like that. But, I'll take your word for it. But they sure aren't like that anymore. Promise you that.

Well, I'm trying to get used to OSX. Installing software is a little quirky but not too bad. Getting the programs docked is something I need to learn how to do. I also need to learn how to create new tabs in Safari and how to flip between applications.

In Finder go to the menu bar at the top of the screen.
Click on Help > Mac Help

Exploring Mac OS in the Help dialog box that comes up will give you a link to all the shortcut keys.
Mac Help will also run you through most of the stuff you need to know.

The Help menu works with most programs too. If you click on Help in Safari you will get information about how to use Safari.

(And I don't know why any PC user has a problem with the Mac OS - every incarnation of Windows is just an attempt to make it more like a Mac :lol: )

That's so weird. I've been using Macs for the eight years I've been capable of using a computer, never had a mac with a keyboard like that. But, I'll take your word for it. But they sure aren't like that anymore. Promise you that.
yeah. lets see a picture of that, i've never seen that either

Not a great pic, but try this one:

CLICK

Though it looks like they've finally changed things.

Is that even an Apple keyboard, or just a third-party keyboard for Apple? I mean, wow, look at that cable, it's like, a phone cord...is that from 1995 or something?

It could be. I don't think I've used an Apple since about 2000.

Most reactions

Back