Applecare!

WDodd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took my MacBook in to the Apple store to have some cracks that had appeared on the bottom of the case to get fixed. I went in there expecting all kinds of trouble and to be without my laptop for a couple weeks....2 days later voila its at my door. The best part was I didn't have to argue with the guy about not dropping it.

One more reason Apple rocks! Awesome support.

They'd better treat you well with the applecare..it HURTS to spend all that extra money! And I only have an iPhone . . . it's way more expensive with a Mac!

I never bothered with Applecare. If the case cracks then I have duct tape.

I took my MacBook in to the Apple store to have some cracks that had appeared on the bottom of the case to get fixed. I went in there expecting all kinds of trouble and to be without my laptop for a couple weeks....2 days later voila its at my door. The best part was I didn't have to argue with the guy about not dropping it.

One more reason Apple rocks! Awesome support.

Yeah, known problem with some of the MacBooks. I assume it's a white one, I haven't seen that on a black one yet. This repair is a bit of a pain because the bottom case where every other part is attached to, either directly or indirectly. so the entire MacBook has to be dismantled in order to replace it - whiles away the time though ;)

Yeah, known problem with some of the MacBooks. I assume it's a white one, I haven't seen that on a black one yet. This repair is a bit of a pain because the bottom case where every other part is attached to, either directly or indirectly. so the entire MacBook has to be dismantled in order to replace it - whiles away the time though ;)

Definitely a white one. It looked to me like it was caused from heat, but then again I'm no Apple expert. They ended up replacing the keyboard, touchpad, and bottom casing.

I would imagine that you would be hard pressed to notice these cracks on a black one they were very fine.

Don't think it was heat - the "hot" components are located mid rear and not anywhere near where you would see these small cracks

Good that they replaced the top case as well (keyboard and trackpad are all one unit) because the MacBooks that suffer from the cracks are also likely to have top cases where the edge splits away - They can also suffer discolouration as well.

The black MacBooks use a different plastic so they're not prone to these problems. I think that at some point during the production a bad formulation of plastic was used for the white models

I had mine in March. No cracks so far :D

wish HP was that easy, my hard drive and motherboard crashed, they "fixed" it, got it back and it was still doing the same thing, i took it back lol. Now im going on a month without a computer and still no word. damn electronics.

can use yours? =)

Most reactions

Back