Applying for business credit

katy625

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need a camera...right now my Nikon D90 is...SAD to say....on loan to me from a friend. I have GOT to get a camera of my own. I have registered as a sole proprietor and now also have a E.I.N.
Can you provide me some advice as to what I need to do now. I feel like I should walk over to wolf camera or somewhere and apply for credit but I feel that something must be missing between the two steps. I only want to know though how can a sole proprietor get off his/her feet without the necessary tools to do so.

So, you're starting a photography business but you don't have any equipment?

If so, borrowing money to buy equipment or buying equipment on credit is a recipe for financial disaster.

You need to make the changes in your lifestyle that allow you to save money to buy a camera.

I have to agree with PP, I would not finance equipment. To me that would be a lot of pressure to make sure I could jump right in to making enough profit to just cover equipment payment. I would suggest starting an "equipment fund" and putting everything you can into it for however long it takes to come up with enough for what you need. Also, check out local camera stores and Craigslist for quality used equipment at MUCH lower prices.

I Aim to get into The photography business, because it is a hobby, an interest
I am currently in a £4.51 an hour job earning only £172 EVERY 4 weeks.. (this month i got £190 somehow..)
If i work full time i only make £600 every month... ($7 per hour, $240 every 4 weeks and $280 this month some how - rough estimates they are most likely way off)

Thats what i have done to get my photography stuff, i now have a full basic kit, Excluding an off camera flash, more than a UV filter (i dont use filters though, i shoot raw and can use photoshop) Sensor brush And a few other lens' maybe (been working there a year, as of september)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back