Applying Hue and Saturation to all pics?

kami

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been playing around with a series of pictures that were taken with the same lighting conditions and have finally come up with what I wanted. However I don't want to do the same tedious task to all my pictures. My question is, how do I apply the same settings to all my pics?

I'm using Photoshop elements 6.

I tried a search but didn't come up with the right answers.

On the D80's histogram, the picture looked alright. But when uploaded to PS6, it looked all red. Could I be having a monitor problem? (it's a crappy viewsonic PF790 I bought back in 2000.)

Anyway here's the original photo:

2577748208_9f8a430e98.jpg

And here's the edited one:

2576883443_a3fa0527bd.jpg

Edit: Another question: Why doesn't the pictures show up when I use the IMG codes? LOL! Thanks in advance.

I can't see your images, so I can't be a great deal of help, but your comment "On the D80's histogram, the picture looked alright. But when uploaded to PS6, it looked all red." makes me wonder if there isn't a colour issue with your monitor.

You pictures didn't show up because you didn't link directly to the image, but rather to a page within the Flickr website.

They're not showing up when you use the img codes because you need to take off everything at the end of them after the ".jpg". :D

My pics do the same thing, and unfortunately, I haven't figured an easy way to make them right.
I use Bibble Pro to adjust pics, for the most part, and find that desaturating and lowering the vibrance tends to work great.
I don't know if someone will have a quicker way of doing it, but I'm where you're at. Except I don't bother messing with them and adjusting them within my camera, I just load them up to my computer and fix them from there.

elements 6 does not have any actions in it - so things can get rather tedius - lightroom is an affordable editer that can do batch work, but I don't know how many specific editing features it has in it - plus its geared for RAW editing.

Ok, fixed the pictures.

If it's a monitor problem, how does the picture look to you guys?

Ya, I know it was a white balance issue when taken. I just need to correct it far enough to be acceptable. I only shoot JPEG though. Havn't played around with RAW yet. Still a noob..

Ya, I switched the WB back to auto since I wasn't sure of the light settings at the time and we were kind of in a hurry in leaving for a freinds party.

So i'm trying to fix the problem with PSE6 and apply it to all the pictures of my baby neice.

Again, I'm fairly sure the problem lies in the camera (well not specifically the camera, just the WB setting you had it on)

Yes, sounds like a white balance problem. You don't have to custom white balance, just choose the appropriate auto, (there's options for daylight, shade, tungsten, etc..) if your in a rush.

As for processing them all like that.. I don't know of any methods besides going through them 1 by 1. There might be, so maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.

Does the edited pic I've done look balanced enough?

I'm not too sure from my monitor's point of view.

Yes - it looks fine on my monitor, but take this with a grain of salt. I calibrated it a while back with a friend's Spyder thingy. I've been meaning to buy one but it looks, at the very least, decent.

Yup, 2nd one definitely looks good to me (on my uncalibrated monitor I'll add....)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back