April '07 Photo Challenge - "Sasquatch"

I, for one am disapointed.

You're right. There could have been some really unique photos if we just stuck with the Sasquatch theme. The truth is though that the last challenge only had 14 photos and Wildlife was more likely to draw a larger number of participants.You can still submit those creative shots. However you are probably right in that someone will most likely win with a great wildlife photo like Doenoe's POTM winner for February (and no you can't submit that one Doenoe :D).

You could always start a thread over in the Photo Theme's forum. Just keep in mind that anything posted in those threads should not be submitted to the challenge.

Alright I've actually posted a poll over here, http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77220. You can take a look at the poll and vote for theme you would prefer.

The poll will be open for four days. If anyone submits to the challenge before the poll is closed they will receive notification if there is any change to this month's theme.

I was ready to tie a sash around a squash and call it

"sash squatch" with monster feet...

tee he,,, ok maybe not that funny but a little creative.. Right..

silenceee....

I really have not been paying attention the last few weeks: this is a great topic. The sasquatch-idea is brillant. As a joke and as a serious challenge. I immediately thought of that famous video-still of bigfoot. I thought that's the 'feel' you were asking us to think of.
Thanks for the poll btw.

pascal

I was ready to tie a sash around a squash and call it

"sash squatch" with monster feet...

tee he,,, ok maybe not that funny but a little creative.. Right..

silenceee....

Seriously, great idea! lol

Im officially confused. So right now its up in the air whether its wildlife or bigfoot? I cant vote in the poll (I guess because Im new?)
Im up for the Bigfoot photos. I know where he lives. ;)

Thanks for your patience this month. The voting is complete and it was decided that "Sasquatch" will be the April '07 theme and "Wildlife" will be used for the May '07 theme.

Everyone can be as creative as they like for that "Saquatch" theme. Please don't restrict yourselves to just "Sasquatch" because other legendary creatures will also be accepted. :fangs:

For those of you who were looking forward to "Wildlife" you will now have two months to come up with a great photo so we'll all be looking forward to that.

let the topic will be like this!! Sasquatch!!

Nah it will be easy. Just do it like every other famous photo of bigfoot. Get a friend to dress up and stand in the forrest, then accidently fumble with the camera while you quickly try to snap a photo to ensure it will be blurry and distorted enough so that no one can recognise the creature is fake :)

Mind you I have a couple of scary looking friends who would do just great for this :)

man count me in. Sasquatch and I partied this weekend, so my picture is officially in the challenge!

I will have this won! That is if I can find my photo. I took a photo back 8 yrs. ago of this wierd looking thing in the woods by my house. I've showed it to several people with the same reaction. What in the world is that!!! I will have to do some searching, but I'm determined. Good luck to all! =)

Nah it will be easy. Just do it like every other famous photo of bigfoot. Get a friend to dress up and stand in the forrest, then accidently fumble with the camera while you quickly try to snap a photo to ensure it will be blurry and distorted enough so that no one can recognise the creature is fake :)

Mind you I have a couple of scary looking friends who would do just great for this :)

That had me LMAO!!:mrgreen:
I dont know if you have ever heard the comic Mitch Hedberg , but he had a bit about bigfoot..."I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra scary to me, because there's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run. He's fuzzy. Get outta here"

Most reactions

Back