Aprilia Shoot

CanonSnob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jadamphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot these in the morning hopeing to get a lot of colour and warmth from the sunrise. Especially in the backdrop of the hanger windows. But it was a pretty dreary sunrise. :( Client had a race prepped R6 as well. I'll throw those up later.

2500271926_164aa0037f.jpg
2500271592_eb3e3af42b.jpg

2500272176_ae5b683779.jpg

2499444275_215bc5ebb8.jpg
2499444455_5065b2435f.jpg

NIce shots!!

Too bad the light didn't cooperate woth you.

Yea, was kinda a bummer.

I had a strange issue with noise? I was shooting at 200-250iso and was getting a good amount of noise in the photos which I found stange for a lower iso like that. Looked almost in the 600iso range for noise you would expect. :confused:

I think the second one works but the rest leave alot to be desired.

Some nice bikes there, i ride also but nothing as nice as that.. i prefer old 90's sports bikes, more character :p

Agree with JIP to be honest but i know bikes can be difficult to shoot and be interesting.

#1: i think the DOF is too shallow
and it's not centred, looks like a quick snap. Maybe a higher viewpoint looking down on the bike without the helmet would have worked, or not.

#2: Really like this one!

#3: I think the other building at thte right sort of throws it. Maybe having he bike turned 90 degrees and having the repetition of the hangers glass or whatever it is as a backdrop would have been better?

#4: I like this one also but the paddock stand takes a little away from it.. no other way to keep the bike up straight unless you used a rear paddock stand which may have been in view anyway.. i like it all the same.

#5: I like this one also.. think it says what the hangers trying to say with it and these machines can actually fly! lol

All in all i like some but some could have been better composition wise.. but hey i'm no expert and i know bikes are difficult to shoot.

i'm diggin' the gray skies in these. seems to work in favour of the tones and contrast. nice shots.

as for the low-iso noise.. you'll get noise in any exposure in the shadows - more noise for darker shadows. that said, i don't see any?

I own the same bike and love!

These are good pictures, but I donno if they represent the bike well.

I think your last one has potential, but some of the other ones have too much distortion.

Post a larger version of the two bike picture and I will try some PP on it. You can work with the dark skies and come out with a really interesting result.

I think the second one works but the rest leave alot to be desired.

your post leaves a lot to be desired. If you'd like to critique, then maybe leave some constructive feedback. Otherwise it comes off as rude.

Hard for me to tell that it is a motorcycle except for the 5th shot.

You need to get out more if it took till the 5th to realize it's a bike

Some nice bikes there, i ride also but nothing as nice as that.. i prefer old 90's sports bikes, more character :p

Agree with JIP to be honest but i know bikes can be difficult to shoot and be interesting.

#1: i think the DOF is too shallow
and it's not centred, looks like a quick snap. Maybe a higher viewpoint looking down on the bike without the helmet would have worked, or not.

#2: Really like this one!

#3: I think the other building at thte right sort of throws it. Maybe having he bike turned 90 degrees and having the repetition of the hangers glass or whatever it is as a backdrop would have been better?

#4: I like this one also but the paddock stand takes a little away from it.. no other way to keep the bike up straight unless you used a rear paddock stand which may have been in view anyway.. i like it all the same.

#5: I like this one also.. think it says what the hangers trying to say with it and these machines can actually fly! lol

All in all i like some but some could have been better composition wise.. but hey i'm no expert and i know bikes are difficult to shoot.

Thanks for all the great feedback!

1. Here's another one I shot from that angle, little more centered and more DOF, although not a higher vantage point.

2501650131_7957133035.jpg

2. Thanks, I do too, but in foresight I should have stepped back and zoomed more to get the same framing with less distortion from my lens.

3. Keeping an eye on my background options is wise.

4. Had no rear stand for that bike, and wanted to not have leaned over since I was shooting from dead on, but yea it is a bit annoying. I shot some with half of the front wheel cropped out, but didn't like them any better.

5. Yea! my symbolism isn't too daft :D

i'm diggin' the gray skies in these. seems to work in favour of the tones and contrast. nice shots.

as for the low-iso noise.. you'll get noise in any exposure in the shadows - more noise for darker shadows. that said, i don't see any?

Thanks. I burned a good amount of it out. But on larger images it's still a bit more noticeable. I have some shots with the owner too, and she had a bit on her skin even though I had a flash a few feet away... I ended up just touching out all the little brown specks on her skin, since not much was showing and it was a small section with how far back in the frame she was.

I own the same bike and love!

These are good pictures, but I donno if they represent the bike well.

I think your last one has potential, but some of the other ones have too much distortion.

Post a larger version of the two bike picture and I will try some PP on it. You can work with the dark skies and come out with a really interesting result.

Lucky guy, I'd like to own an Italian bike. Yea, I'd have to agree. I think I was trying to hard to get 'detail shots' so I instinctively got really close when I should have taken a step back and zoomed in to frame it the same.

There is a larger version of my photo on Flickr. Just search Jadam Photography.

Thanks for the feedback. I took a lot from it that I hope to improve upon it on my next shoot.

Is this a Ducati? Or is it an Aprilla? I don't know much about bikes...

Anyway, there has been some good feedback but I will add that with a little color modification, the skies would look AWESOME! They have great texture, but that gray is so dull. Maybe do some post-processing on them to be a bit more blue or anything other than gray. Just experiment, and I think you'll find it really adds to the photo...

Most reactions

Back