Aquarium shots

mitsugirly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not really "outdoor" shots...but still wildlife I guess...

3598294237_6f850de4ef.jpg

3599065096_b3c3993fde.jpg

3599065730_33355dfe49.jpg

3599066020_5db996c2e9.jpg

3599064914_8597439127.jpg

Ugggh...that eel. I've seen too many of those close up. "Stick your hand in crack, and you don't get it back, that's the moooorraaaay." But I can't actually tell if that's a moray.

Great shots though.

Wow some great shots there! Aquarium work I think is it not?
Might not be the same as true wild, but still very good work, glass at those places can be a nightmare to work with with reflections and lighting - so good to get such clean shots!

I'm heading to the Baltimore Aquarium this weekend and was searching the site for helpful info on how to proceed with pics there. These are great. If i got anything near this good I would be thrilled to death.

Can you offer some advice?

Wow some great shots there! Aquarium work I think is it not?
Might not be the same as true wild, but still very good work, glass at those places can be a nightmare to work with with reflections and lighting - so good to get such clean shots!

Aquarium work...yes. It was very difficult to shoot threw the glass. It took me awhile to figure it out...but once I got it, it was on! I took a couple hundred pictures that day. A lot turned out amazing.

The jellies are great! Its really hard to get sharp underwater shots.

I found that the 2nd picture "creature" was a little harder than the jellies because the tank was really dark. So getting a good picture on it was the worse and this one is the only good one that I got of him. There were some others that were just like him, but white and the tank was lit up. I don't know why the difference in lighting??? They looked like the same species, just different colors.

3707098400_816eb91282.jpg

Here's one shot above a tank with my polarizer to reduce the glare.

3599063396_851e8d625e.jpg

This cute little fella wouldn't stay still for nothing and bopped around the tank so fast like he was saying look at me look at me. So, the picture didn't turn out as clear I wish it would have.

3598257671_8236222f58.jpg

These were all taken here:

3598254159_6112be3433.jpg

My settings on the jellies were: I shot at ISO 200, focal length was 28mm, exposure set at 1/50 sec at f2.8

I have a filter and I know I used it on the shot above the water, but I was changing lens back and forth between 3 different ones...so I'm not sure which had the filter on it and which didn't. I didn't feel like switching the filter to each lens every time, so I just left it on the 1 lens. When you have a family and kids...they don't always want to hang around F-O-R-E-V-E-R as they say when I'm trying to shoot pics. :lol:

If there is a particular pic you'd like to know the settings on, let me know and I can look them up for you.

Ahhhhhhh, 2.8
Got to borrow one of those for fireworks. Is it a fixed 2.8 or a zoom? Anyway, I'll start with 200 ISO and go from there. You hand held everything? Your pictures really are nice.

It was a prime lens on those.

Yes, everything was hand held. Not offen do I take a tripod just because having a baby only 14 months old, a teenager, grown children with grandbabies only 3 months younger than my youngest doesn't give you much room to carry but the least amount possible on trips. :lol: The diaper bags, purses and my camera bag with all the goodies usually fill me up and weigh me down. :confused: The only time I take a tripod is if I know exactly where I'm going and what I'm shooting and the car is near by for me to just grab it when I need it and put it back in. Or at home when needed but I have found that I still would rather use it hand held.

Most reactions

Back