Arca Swiss Compatible QR plate.. free

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey guys, I recently ordered some black rapid accessories and they accidentally sent me an arca Swiss compatible QR plate in the box. They don't want it back, and I use manfrotto plates so...

Anyone want it? I'll toss it in an envelope and send it your way if you can get use out of it. Shipped free in the lower 48.

This is a perfect opportunity to start convincing you to begin with Arca Swiss ;) I'm serious, look into them, expensive but well worth it in my view as it removes 100% of the rotational issue with QR plates rotating around the mounting point.

I assume the QR is linked to the black rapid? (if not a small QR i actually useful for that, you can put the BR retaining loop on the base of the QR plate and then you can attach it direct to your Arca Swiss plates on the camera).

Otherwise someone else can get started with the plate :)

removes 100% of the rotational issue with QR plates rotating around the mounting point.

What do you mean by this?

And making the switch would mean upgrading my tripod AND monopod heads.

It's about a 2 inch long plate, came with the black rapid screw adapter in it. I removed that and put it on my manfrotto plate, so not the arca plate is strictly a QR plate and not a black rapid attachment point.

I would like to have it!

And making the switch would mean upgrading my tripod AND monopod heads.

There are manfrotto to arca-swiss adaptors on the market. There's even one out there for the Junior Geared head (which has a fairly unique quick release plate for manfrotto)

The turning issue is where a camera/tripod collar can rotate on the quick release plate around the screw that holds the release plate in. You can tie them down tight; but because there's nothing to stop the camera/collar moving side to side you can, though a day, weaken the join and get some rotational play which can be a pain when you're shooting (esp if you go to shoot portrait aspect and suddenly your camera is dipping).
The arca-swiss are larger plates and bolt to the camera/collar the same way but because they are larger and unique to specific bodies/collars, they've got a lip. This lip fits snug to the camera/collar, and means that the quick release plate can't move at all.

Most reactions

Back