Arch of Constantine

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure if I like this or not. The sidewalks were pretty blown out in the original with it being a bright sunny midday afternoon. I desaturated it, increased the contrast and did a quick/dirty burn of the blown out areas to see if that helped.
What do you think?
arch.jpg

this looks like a very interesting monument,it would have been nice perhaps taken from a different angle, and a little closer, to show more detail of the sculpture.

I like it just the way it is. The people make it more than just another statue picture. Contrast is perfect IMO. I think you've done an excellent job with this one!!!

I like this photo. Black and white and contrasty, and an interesting subject and surroundings which work well together, in my opinion. If anything... Although they're more part of the presentation than the composition, I think the border and title are a bit overdone: they draw my eye away from the image. A thinner border, closer to the edge of the image, and finer text (perhaps centered beneath the arch) would complement it nicely, I think.

Thanks for taking the time to comment all. James, you are probably right about the border/title by the way. Maybe I'll go back and spend a little more time on doing a more uniform burning of the areas that were blown out originally and do something w/ the border. May make a nice 5x7 for the ol' black and white wall in my house.

arch800x600.jpg

Better?

hate to disagree with everyone but I actually think it's slightly too contrasty.

Most reactions

Back